No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
I guess, technically, this week’s Weekly Warp-Up could be called the “Fallout 4 Fallout Edition,” but that might be going too far. Whatever you want to call it, Bethesda’s epic RPG is now available and fans are going nuts for it. These fans include our own Nicole Kline, who awarded Fallout 4 a 7/7 in her review.
And speaking of epic games… retailers have begun to publish their Black Friday advertisements this week. Target and Best Buy are first out of the gate and they’ve got some especially good discounts on console bundles this holiday season.
But if you’d rather root for the underdog, UK Correspondent Andrew Rainnie is back with a new collection of compelling crowdfunding campaigns in the latest edition of Kickstart This! You might not have ever heard of The Nullpoint, Cold Blooded, Grey Night, and Failsafe… so we recommend you remedy that.
We’ve got more news from the week that was after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King will be released for the 3DS in 2016.
- Square Enix and Dontnod will give Life Is Strange a retail release early next year.
- Just days before Ronda Rousey lost her luster of invincibility, EA announced she would be the cover athlete for next Spring’s EA Sports UFC 2.
- Blizzard confirmed that Overwatch will be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One in addition to the PC.
- More than 113 games will be playable at the 2015 PlayStation Experience.
- Friday the 13th: The Video Game was fully funded on Kickstarter.
- The Mega Man Legacy Collection retail edition will launch on February 23 alongside a 3DS Collector’s Edition that’ll include a Gold Amiibo figure.
- Halo 5: Guardians was the best-selling game of October 2015 according to the NPD Group.
- Final Fantasy VII’s Cloud will join Super Smash Bros. For 3DS/Wii U as a playable character in the near future.
- Nintendo announced Star Fox Zero will launch on April 22, 2016.
- Linkin Park, Audioslave, and Godsmack took the stage in the latest Rock Band 4 DLC Update.
- Microsoft has released the full list of Xbox 360 titles that are now compatible with Xbox One Backwards Compatibility.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, StarCraft: Legacy of the Void, more
- Nintendo Download: Nintendo Badge Arcade, Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX, Stella Glow, more
- PlayStation Store: Fallout 4, Super Dodge Ball, Superbeat: Xonic, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, more
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Star Wars: Battlefront, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, more