Not surprisingly, a trio of shooters took the top three spots in the NPD Group’s recounting of November 2015’s best-selling games.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III scored another big win for Activision (and the Black Ops sub-series) with its claim on the top spot. It was followed by Fallout 4 at #2 and Star Wars: Battlefront at #3. With shooters holding on to the top of the list, sports games looked in for the next four places… Madden NFL 16 (#4), NBA 2K16 (#5), FIFA 16 (#6), and Need For Speed (#7). What? I’m sure someone, somewhere, thinks of illegal street racing as a sport.
The final three spots in the NPD’s November 2015 list include repeat appearances from Halo 5: Guardians (#8) and Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (#9), along with a strong Black Firday-assisted performance from Just Dance 2016 (#10).
Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, NPD’s Liam Callahan confirmed that the PS4 and Xbox One are having a monster Fall: “After 25 months, the combined sales for the PS4 and the Xbox One are 47% higher than the combined sales for 25 months of PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware sales.”
You can find the NPD’s November 2015 top ten in handy list format after the break.
Bestselling Games in November 2015
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
2. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
3. Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
4. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
5. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
6. FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
7. Need For Speed (PS4, Xbox One)
8. Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
9. Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. Just Dance 2016 (Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)