Microsoft loved to promote their 2015 release schedule as the “Greatest Games Line-Up in Xbox History,” but the publisher plans to continue to use that tagline in 2016. Mike Nichols, the Xbox Division’s Corporate Vice President of Marketing, has posted a look back at some of Microsoft’s achievements from the previous year on the Xbox Wire, but the executive also gave us a “snapshot” of Big Redmond’s 2016 lineup of Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusives.
Most of these release dates are well known, but it’s nice to learn that the Windows 10 version of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition will be released this Spring. And it looks like Keiji Inafune’s ReCore will also be released for the PC in addition to the Xbox One, though its release date has been changed from “Spring 2016” to “TBA 2016”:
Greatest Games Line-Up in Xbox History Extends to 2016
- Cobalt (Xbox One / Xbox 360 / Steam) – February 2
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One / Windows 10) – March
- Quantum Break (Xbox One) – April 5
- Fable Legends (Xbox One / Windows 10) – Spring (Open Beta)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows 10) – Spring
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One / Windows 10) – Spring
- Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) – Summer (Multiplayer)
- Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) – Fall (Launch) / Spring (Multiplayer Beta)
- Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One / Windows 10) – Fall
- Gigantic (Xbox One / Windows 10) – TBA 2016
- ReCore (Xbox One / Windows 10) – TBA 2016
- Sea of Thieves (Xbox One / Windows 10) – TBA 2016
Microsoft has several other unannounced titles on track for 2016 and will make further “new title reveals” in the coming months.