No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
EA delivered their quarterly financial report this week and the megapublisher announced big plans for the rest of 2016. First they confirmed that Battlefield 5 is on track for a Fall 2016 release and that Mass Effect: Andromeda and TitanFall 2 will launch shortly after. Could be late this year, or early next year, but both games will be available before April 1, 2017.
Though what you likely won’t see from EA in 2016 is another Star Wars game as the publisher said that Visceral’s Star Wars project is “a few years out,” even though the company shipped more than 13 million copies of Star Wars: Battlefront.
Elsewhere this week, UK Correspondent Andrew Rainnie filed another entry in his long-running Kickstart This! series. This time, he shined a spotlight on Consortium: The Tower, Dragon of Legends, and Wandersong. And finally this week, Contributor Sean Weiland turned in a review of Random Seed’s TimeFrame.
More news from the past seven days can be found after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Insomniac will partner with GameStop to release Song of the Deep this Summer.
- MLB Advanced Media will try again with the release of RBI Baseball 16 this Spring.
- After weeks of leaks, Activision officially announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.
- We Are Doomed will be released for the Vita on February 9.
- 2K Games extended their licensing contract with the WWE and will continue producing WWE 2K games for several more years.
- Capcom will release Umbrella Corps in May 2016.
- Nintendo revealed that Detective Pikachu will be released in Japan next month. Hopefully, it’ll be available in North America too.
- South by Southwest announced the nominations for this year’s SXSW Gaming Awards.
- Capcom announced a Story Mode for Street Fighter V and confirmed the first DLC character will be available in March.
- Mighty No. 9 was delayed yet again… this time to Spring 2016.
- Kombat Pack 2 will add Cyber Sub-Zero to Mortal Kombat X.
- Ubisoft revealed the system requirements for Tom Clancy’s The Division, which they also said is “more than a port” of the console version.
- Nintendo released the final new map for Splatoon.
Rumor Has It
- Michel Ancel is still talking… just a little… about Beyond Good & Evil 2. Maybe it’ll come out some day.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Final Fantasy Explorers, Lego Avengers, Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC
- Nintendo Download: Final Fantasy Explorers, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Lego Avengers, more
- PlayStation Store: The Witness, Lego Avengers, This War of Mine: The Little Ones, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Lego Avengers, Sparkle 2, Roblox
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): This War of Mine: The Little Ones, Level 22, AIPD, more
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: XCOM 2, Gravity Rush Remastered, Megadimension Neptunia VII, more