No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Let’s talk about this year’s biggest games. What d’you say? There wasn’t a whole lot to excite the gaming population in January, but there’s plenty of interesting stuff scheduled to be released during the rest of the Winter months, which we talk about in A Day-By-Day Guide to All of 2016’s New Video Games (January – March). We’ll get to the rest of the year soon, and it looks just as packed, trust me.
However, if you’re still digging through last year’s most-acclaimed titles, might we suggest SteamWorld Heist. If you need more convincing, please direct yourself to a review by Staff Writer Mike Ryan.
What else happened this week? Read on to find out…
New Game Announcements
- Starbreeze announced a partnership with Smilegate to produce a premium version of the Korean developer’s free-to-play shooter CrossFire.
- Sega will release Sega 3D Classics Collection for the 3DS on April 26.
- Mortal Kombat XL will bundle together last year’s MKX and both Kombat Packs on March 1.
- NIS America will bring Grand Kingdom to the PS4 and Vita this Summer.
- Lovely Planet Arcade will bring old school FPS action to Steam this Summer.
- Every new character from Hyrule Warriors Legends can be imported into the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors.
- Starbreeze delayed the release of Overkill’s The Walking Dead from TBA 2016 to Q3/Q4 2017.
- EA will add Mike Tyson to EA Sports UFC 2.
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD‘s Wolf Link Amiibo figure will unlock a brand new dungeon.
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past will get a new script on the 3DS and is considered “basically a brand new game” by Nintendo.
- A Fire Emblem Fates-themed New 3DS XL will be released on February 19.
- Nintendo will release Bravely Second: End Layer on April 15.
- Harmonix added more grunge to the Rock Band 4 Music Store with new songs from Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Stone Temple Pilots.
- John Romero created a new map for Doom… his first in more than 21 years.
- Gigantic – “New Gameplay Trailer”
Rumor Has It
- The ESRB said The Witness is coming to the Xbox One, but developer Jonathan Blow replied that it’s not in development right now.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Resident Evil Origins Collection, Life Is Strange, More
- Nintendo Download: Minecraft: Story Mode – Episode 1, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, more
- PlayStation Store: Resident Evil 0, Dark Cloud 2, Oddworld: New N Tasty for Vita, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Resident Evil 0, A Boy & His Blob, Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Final Fantasy Explorers, Lego Avengers, Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC