Voice actor strike reveals unannounced games like Lego Marvel 2, Brothers in Arms, more
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard on PlayStation VR Hands-On Preview: A Resident Evil 20th Anniversary Tour Report
Call of Duty: Zombies comic book miniseries will launch in October
The Big List of Nintendo Switch Games
Weekly Warp-Up: Final Fantasy XV on the Nintendo NX???
New Retail Releases: Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Skyrim Special Edition, More
The Last Guardian is officially finished and will make its December 6 release date
Even though Skyrim and NBA 2K17 appeared in Nintendo’s Switch trailer, they haven’t officially been announced yet
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Review: Ghost Train to Paradise
Xbox Store Today: Battlefield 1, Jackbox Party Pack 3, Slain, more
- Love Warp Zoned?
SUPPORT US HERE
Weekly Warp-Up: Welcome to 2016 Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
The Christmas tree has been taken down and the New Year’s confetti has been cleaned up. Yup, we are officially in the dead zone of video game news. Might as well strike up another round of “Auld Lang Syne” and take in another showing of Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($625 million already, can you believe it?).
Believe it or not, one of the biggest stories from this past week is the announcement that another game in the Bases Loaded franchise is in development in Japan. For someone who played a ton of Bases Loaded back in the NES days, this is definitely big news. But it’s not exactly going to set the world on fire. “Auld Lang Syne” and Star Wars it is.
But before I go, I want to thank all our readers for sticking with Warp Zoned over the last five years. We love what we do and we’re going to keep doing it for as long as possible.
A small batch of news from this past week can be found after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Square Enix will bring Final Fantasy IX to the PC and mobile devices sometime in 2016.
- The Oculus Touch controller won’t be released until the second half of 2016.
- Square Enix said Final Fantasy XV will definitely be released in 2016.
- The Skylanders SuperChargers figures of Bowser and Donkey Kong (which also double as Amiibo) are now being sold individually.
- The Pinball Arcade will finally be released for the Wii U in early 2016.
- Nintendo added Excitebike Racer, Birdo, and Captain Bird costumes to Super Mario Maker.
- Songs from Coldplay, Justin Bieber, and One Direction were added to the Rock Band 4 Music Store this week.
- Rebel Galaxy will be released for PS4 and Xbox One this month.
- Sony will offer development assistance to Stoic to finish the Vita version of The Banner Saga.
- Steam says Rise of the Tomb Raider will be released this month.
- PlayStation 4 – “20 PS4 Exclusives in 2016”
Rumor Has It
- Level-5 will announce “a sequel to a very popular series” and something “completely new” in 2016.
New Release Round-Up
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
Square Enix confirms that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is coming to PS4
Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII canceled
Square Enix is probably going to announce Final Fantasy XIII-3 on September 1