Beginning today, NetherRealm Studios will super-size 2015’s Mortal Kombat X with four new characters and the return of “The Pit.” The expanded re-release will be known as Mortal Kombat XL and it’ll include the original game, along with all the additional content available in the Kombat Pack and Kombat Pack 2. A brand new (and brutally violent) Launch Trailer for the game has been embedded above.
And in case you missed it, here’s everything you’ll get if you upgrade to Mortal Kombat XL (or purchase both Kombat Packs through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Games Store):
- Pre-Order Character: Goro
- Kombat Pack Characters: The Predator (from Predator), Jason Voorhees (from Friday the 13th), Tremor, and Tanya
- Kombat Pack 2 Characters: Xenomorph (from Alien), Leatherface (from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Tri-Borg, and Bo Rai Cho
- Never-Before-Released Costume Pack: Apocalypse Skin Pack
- Previously Released Costume Packs: Klassic Pack #1, Klassic Pack #2, Predator/Prey Pack, Ultimate Horror Pack, Samurai Skin Pack, Brazil Skin Pack, Kold War Skin Pack, and Kold War Scorpion Skin
Finally, NetherRealm also pushed out a free update to Mortal Kombat X’s online multiplayer today, promising a smoother online experience. So even if you’re skipping Mortal Kombat XL (or Kombat Pack 2), you’ve got something to look forward to.