Tom Clancy’s The Division deals with the horrific aftermath of a terrorist attack on New York City on Black Friday, but everything came up green for Ubisoft last month. According to The NPD Group (as reported by GamesIndustry.biz), the multiplayer shooter took the top spot as the best-selling game of March 2016.
A bevy of new releases helped the retail game sector perform just as well in 2016 as it did in 2015. That includes The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD at #3, EA Sports UFC 2 at #5, MLB The Show 16 at #6, and Pokken Tournament at #7. And don’t worry, Grand Theft Auto V and Minecraft continue to hang around the top ten, at #4 and #10, respectively.
A complete look at last month’s top ten best-selling titles can be found after the break.
Bestselling Games in March 2016
1. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2. Far Cry: Primal (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
5. EA Sports UFC 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
6. MLB The Show 16 (PS4, PS3)
7. Pokken Tournament (Wii U)
8. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
10. Minecraft (Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3)