No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
The Boston Convention and Exhibition Center will open its doors for PAX East 2016 in less than five days (118 hours, to be exact) and the exhibitor list is filling out nicely:
- Square Enix will have playable demos of more than a dozen games on the show floor including Final Fantasy XV, I Am Setsuna, and Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness.
- Sony’s booth will be overflowing with more than 20 PS4 gamees, including several PlayStation VR titles. Congoers can look forward to demoing Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Ratchet & Clank, Rez Infinite, and more.
- Bethesda is also shipping up to Boston next week with a brand new multiplayer build of Doom.
Elsewhere around Warp Zoned this week, we published a review of Ska Studios’s Salt and Sanctuary. It’s a little like Dark Souls, and if you don’t have the time to dive into Dark Souls III, it’s the next best thing.
Hit the jump to read up on more news from the week that was.
New Game Announcements
- Mercury Steam announces Raiders of the Broken Planet, a “distinctive blend of shooting, brawling and thinking man’s strategy.”
- Activision will release two Ghostbusters games this July.
- The Hunstman: Winter’s Curse is an RPG based on the film… and it’ll be available next week.
- Kobe Bryant will appear on the cover of NBA 2K17‘s Legend Edition.
- The King of Fighters XIV is officially coming to America thanks to Atlus.
- Titanfall 2 is officially coming to the PC, PS4, and Xbox One. EA will lift the curtain on the game on June 12.
- There’s a new Super Mario Bros. “Any Percentage” world record.
- Shovel Knight has now sold over one million copies. Yacht Club also said the Specter Knight and King Knight expansions will be finished by the end of the year.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division was the best-selling game in March 2016.
- Final Fantasy IX is now available to download through Steam.
- Nintendo is teaming up with Nickelodeon next week for a SpongeBob Splatfest in Splatoon.
- EA will add an Offline Mode to Star Wars: Battlefront this Spring.
- Splatoon‘s latest update added eight new weapons to the game.
- The recently shuttered Evolution Studios has joined up with Codemasters to form a “UK racing powerhouse.”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – “Eclipse DLC Pack Preview”
- Doom – “Player Progression and Character Customization”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – “Zetsubou No Shima”
- Dark Souls III – “Launch Trailer”
- Gears of War 4 – “Tomorrow”
Rumor Has It
- The Pokemon Company is holding a “secret auction” for the rights to a live-action Pokemon movie.
- Nintendo might be planning to release remastered versions of The Legend of Zelda Wii U, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. For Wii U, and Super Mario Maker for the NX.
- Disasterpeace’s soundtrack to Hyper Light Drifter is now available to download
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Dark Souls III, Bravely Second: End Layer, Ratchet & Clank
- Nintendo Download: Bravely Second: End Layer, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, more
- PlayStation Store: Dark Souls III, Ratchet & Clank, Stories: The Path of Destinies, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Dark Souls III
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Soda Drinker Pro, Gear Gauntlet
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Star Fox Zero, Lichdom: Battlemage, Zombie Vikings, more