Battleborn got a little bit bigger today as Gearbox has made Alani, the game’s 26th playable character, available to download by all players. Alani’s attacks are water-focused, but the character’s main ability is healing:
Alani: Skills Overview
- Torrent: Through years of training in Ket, her order’s martial art, Alani has honed her ability to control water, hurling water bolts to damage enemies.
- Wellspring: Channeling her focus and strength, Alani heals herself for a small amount or envelopes an ally in water to heal them.
- Riptide: Alani sends forth a wave of water that deals damage to enemies, pushes them away, and leaves a trail hastening allies’ movement speed.
- Geyser: Calling upon the power of the oceans, a groundswell erupts, knocking enemies into the air, damaging and binding them.
- Emergence: Alani summons a water dragon that deals damage to everything caught in its wake.
- Osmosis (Passive): Alani’s healing abilities swell and recede like the tide. Successfully landing hits with Torrent grants up to three stacks to temporarily increase the healing power of Wellspring.
Gearbox has also given players a sneak peek at Battleborn’s 27th character, Pendles, on the Battleborn Blog. Pendles is a giant lizard with an even bigger scythe, and he’s not afraid to use it:
Hailing from the water world of Akopos, and pals with Alani, Pendles is a cold-blooded killer. No, literally. This anthropomorphized reptile will ssssneak up on you, poison you, perforate you with dual kamas then – poof – disappear without leaving a trace. Oh, yeah, and he wears a dope pair of sneakers. Get it? “Ssssneaky”?!? Wears sneakers?!? (Fine… fine.) This Rogue’s rogue may be a cold-blooded assassin-for-hire, but Ghalt felt was safer to have him on the team, than not.
And don’t forget… Alani, Pendles, and all of Battleborn’s post-launch characters will be available to download for free.