It’s a good time to be a Final Fantasy fan. Square Enix is currently hard at work on a brand new chapter (Final Fantasy XV), as well as a full remake of the most popular entry in the series (Final Fantasy VII). Today, the publisher added a high definition remaster of Final Fantasy XII to their schedule.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be based on the previously Japan-only “International Zodiac Job System” version of the game. In addition to the never-before-seen character job progression system hinted at in the title, the remaster will also include the following features:
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Features
- Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.
- True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
- Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
- New Trial Mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles.
- Modern gameplay advancements including PlayStation 4 system Trophy support and Share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times.
- An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be exclusively released for the PS4 sometime next year, but first, Square Enix plans to put the remaster on display at this year’s E3 Expo, which will be held in Los Angeles next week.