Microsoft and Iron Galaxy have announced they’ll cram a massive collection of Killer Instinct content into the newly-announced Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition this Fall.
Available for the Xbox One on September 20, the Definitive Edition will include all 26 characters from the game’s first three seasons (including Shadow Jago), as well as all 20 stages, both Killer Instinct Classic games, and more (thanks to the Xbox Wire):
- Every Killer Instinct Fighter! That’s 26 characters, including the remastered cast, original fighters like Hisako and Aria, and special guest characters like Arbiter from Halo, Rash from Battletoads and General RAAM from Gears of War.
- All 20 Stages, with visual upgrades and lighting changes (creating absolutely improved gorgeous fighting sets).
- Killer Instinct Classic 1 & 2 – Faithful recreations of the arcade originals for the Xbox One.
- Special Features like every song in the KI Archives, every character trailer, and never-before-seen concept artwork.
- An Interactive Universe Map with stage location details.
- Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Videos digging into the history, world, and design of this beloved franchise.
- The retail edition of Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition will include a bonus Original Soundtrack CD and an exclusive Gold Gargos Character Skin.
The Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition will be priced at $39.99, which is a pretty decent discount when compared to the currently-available Supreme Edition.