The Big List of Nintendo Switch Games: Nintendo Switch Presentation Update
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #34: Super Mario Bros. 3
Here's a 14-second teaser trailer for Gun Media's Friday the 13th: The Game
Square Enix will release Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV animated film this Fall
Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV is an anime prequel series to the game and the first episode is available now
Weekly Warp-Up: Nintendo Heats Up Our Interest in the Fire Emblem Franchise…
New Retail Releases: Resident Evil 7, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Yakuza Zero, More
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns will be released on February 28
Strafe will be released for the PC on March 28
Gigantic: Exile in the North update adds winter-themed skins and a goofy yeti named Pakko
Nintendo is bringing 15 games to Comic-Con 2016… but not Zelda: Breath of the Wild
I’ve got bad news for anyone hoping to try out The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild during this year’s San Diego Comic-Con… Nintendo won’t have the highly-anticipated game available at their Play Nintendo Family Lounge at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina next door.
However, the consolemaker will have 15 other demos on hand, including five 3DS titles (Monster Hunter Generations, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, and Yo-Kai Watch 2) that won’t be released until later this year:
- Monster Hunter Generations (Available July 15)
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force (Available August 19)
- Style Savvy: Fashion Forward (Available August 19)
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (Available September 27)
- Yo-Kai Watch 2 (Available September 30)
- Yo-Kai Watch
- Yoshi’s New Island
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- Kirby: Planet Robobot
- Mario Kart 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby / Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
- Mario Kart 8
- Pokken Tournament
The Play Nintendo Family Lounge will also be home to tournaments, Pokemon meetups, a Yo-Kai Watch voice actor panel, and much more. The full list of events can be found after the break, and don’t forget that the Play Nintendo Family Lounge is free and open to the public from July 21 through July 24.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 12 & Under Tournament (July 23): Nintendo fans that are 12 years old or younger and have parental consent can participate in a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament at 2:00 PM on July 23. The tournament will be live-streamed on the Nintendo Twitch channel, so even people that can’t be there have a chance to keep an eye on the action. Tournament slots are limited for the one-day event, and fans will be able to sign up the day of the event on a first-come, first-served basis. The Grand and First Prize winners will each receive a prize pack filled with Nintendo products and merchandise.
- The Play Nintendo Challenge (July 21-22, July 24): Play through three elimination rounds composed of three different Wii U games (Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Pokken Tournament) in a group to see if you can emerge victorious! Participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis. The Play Nintendo Challenge runs all day and takes less than 30 minutes to complete. Winners will receive an exclusive champion Nintendo T-shirt. Players who participate may receive other giveaways while supplies last based on how far they make it in the challenge.
- Yo-Kai Watch Voice Actor Event (July 22): Actors Alicyn Packard, J.W. Terry and Melissa Hutchison, who provide the voices for Jibanyan, Whisper and Komasan, respectively, in the Yo-Kai Watch video game and animated TV series, will be conducting a Q&A session, doing live voice demos and a table read of a scene from Season 2 of the animated TV series from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM (Pacific Time). Select attendees will also have an opportunity to receive an autograph or take photos with the actors.
- Pokemon Fan Gathering Area (July 21-24): Meet up with fellow Pokemon fans to trade Pokemon, pick up some cool swag (while supplies last) and relax in a Pokemon gaming zone. The gathering area will be open during show hours.
- Photo Opportunities (July 21-24): At various times during all four days, popular characters like Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Kirby and Jibanyan from the Yo-Kai Watch series will make surprise appearances to take photos with fans.