The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #34: Super Mario Bros. 3
Here's a 14-second teaser trailer for Gun Media's Friday the 13th: The Game
Square Enix will release Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV animated film this Fall
Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV is an anime prequel series to the game and the first episode is available now
New Releases: Oculus Rift, MLB The Show 16, Resident Evil 6, More
Weekly Warp-Up: Nintendo Heats Up Our Interest in the Fire Emblem Franchise…
New Retail Releases: Resident Evil 7, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Yakuza Zero, More
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns will be released on February 28
Strafe will be released for the PC on March 28
Gigantic: Exile in the North update adds winter-themed skins and a goofy yeti named Pakko
Titanfall 2 “Open Multiplayer Technical Test” kicks off this weekend on PS4 and Xbox One
Electronic Arts and Respawn have announced that Titanfall 2‘s Open Beta (which they’re calling an “Open Multiplayer Technical Test”) will be available to download on the PS4 and Xbox One beginning Friday, August 19. Players will be able to battle it out in a pair of modes all weekend long:
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
Players will be able to take part in Titanfall 2’s “Open Multiplayer Technical Test” for a second weekend beginning on Friday, August 26. In addition to the modes and maps from the first weekend, Respawn will add another mode and map for players to try out:
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
Respawn plans to use Titanfall 2’s “Open Multiplayer Technical Test” to showcase some of the game’s new features including two brand new Titans (Ion and Scorch), as well as a few tactical abilities for Pilots including the Grapple GVun, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade. And for players who want to go in guns blazing, Respawn will include a variety of weapons including the Masttiff (“a deadly horizontal spread shotgun”) and the Alternator (“a dual-barrel SMG”).
Finally, if you’re interested in a look at the first live multiplayer stream for Titanfall 2, check out a replay of today’s pre-Gamescom livestream at Twitch.
Titanfall 2 will be released for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 28.