En Garde! Messhof has announced that Nidhogg II will be released for the PC and “maybe some other platforms” in 2017. The sequel will contain “completey overhauled” graphics and a number of other new features:
- Completely overhauled detailed environments and animations.
- 10+ levels of fencing goodnessLocal and online multiplayer and tournament mode.
- Play single-player against a series of AI opponents with occasional special challenge rounds.
- New soundtrack featuring music by Mux Mool, Dose One, Daedelus, and more!
- Even more stuff we’ll talk about soon…
If you’re attending this weekend’s TwitchCon, you’ll get a chance to play Nidhogg II in the Indie District (Booth 104). And if you’re not able to head down to TwitchCon, you’ll be able to watch a livestream of the game’s appearance on the Indie Stage at Twitch.tv Saturday, October 1 at 5:15 PM (Eastern Time).