No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
While it still remains shrouded in mystery, the Nintendo NX got a big boost this week when the CEO of The Pokemon Company confirmed that a Pokemon game is in development for the Nintendo NX.
Finally this week, Chris Cobb published Part Four in his look at the history of horror games… It’s In Your Blood: A History of Horror Games.
More news from the past seven days can be found after the break.
New Game Announcements
- From Software has three games in development including the next entry in the Armored Core franchise.
Pre-Launch Updates and Release Date Announcements
- Respawn revealed the system requirements for Titanfall 2.
- 2K Games revealed the Season Pass and other downloadable content they have planned for WWE 2K17.
- Gearbox delivered a handful of details on Duke Nukem 3D‘s new episode.
- Tetsuya Mizuguchi tried to explain Rez Infinite‘s “Area X.”
- Hideo Kojima said that Death Stranding will be released before 2019.
Other Game News
- Doom’s “Free Update 3” added Deathmatch, Private Matches, and Custom Matches to the game.
- The next Assassin’s Creed game will “revolutionize” the franchise
- Rocksteady officially “breaks up” with Batman to begin work on their dream game.
- Dark Souls III – “Ashes of Ariandel Gameplay Trailer”
- Dead Rising 4 – “Return to the Mall”
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – “Cooking”
- Metal Gear Survive – “Tokyo Game Show 2016 Trailer”
- Forza Horizon 3 – “Launch Trailer”
- Gears of War 4 – “Launch Trailer”
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – “Tokyo Game Show 2016 Trailer”
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Destiny: The Collection, Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, more
- Nintendo Download: Severed, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, River City: Tokyo Rumble, more
- PlayStation Store: Destiny: Rise of Iron, Batman: The Telltale Series – Episode 2, Dear Esther, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Firewatch, Destiny: Rise of Iron, Batman: The Telltale Series – Episode 2, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Virginia, The Bunker, Eventide: Slavic Fable
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Forza Horizon 3, FIFA 17, Yo-Kai Watch 2, more