After more than a decade in development, Square Enix is finally getting ready to release Final Fantasy XV. The sprawling RPG will be available for the PS4 and Xbox One on November 29, but first, the publisher has unveiled a new 101 Trailer to better acquaint prospective players with the world of Eos.
Over the course of nine minutes, Final Fantasy XV’s 101 Trailer will introduce players to the game’s storyline, characters, environments, Summons, mini-games, magic spells, and a whole lot more.
Square Enix also announced that a special “Crown Update” for Final Fantasy XV will be available to download on November 29. This patch will provide “a variety of updates, minor bug fixes and new features to greatly enhance the overall story and gameplay experience”:
Final Fantasy XV’s “Crown Update”
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
Originally known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and first announced at E3 2006, Final Fantasy XV has been a labor of love for Square Enix and Director Hajime Tabata. A part of me almost can’t believe its launch date is just a week away.