The imaginatively-named “Free Update 5” is now available to download for id Software’s Doom. This no-cost patch adds a new competitive game mode to Doom’s online multiplayer, as well as the option to play against bots and a higher level cap for your Echelon Rank.
You can check out the trailer above for a look at everything available in “Free Update 5,” or read on for an overview of the update direct from the developer:
- Infernal Run: A new competitive game mode where teams fight for control of the ball and score in the opponent’s goal.
- Bots: Available on original multiplayer maps in Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch game modes.
- Echelon 11: Multiplayer rank now extends to Echelon 11. Once you reach the new highest ranking, you’ll unlock the signature Doom Marine Armor (Praetor Suit)!
- Play as the Doom Marine in the Doom Marine Armor (Praetor Suit).
- More elements from the campaign, allowing you to play and create even more campaign-like experiences.
- Lazarus Lab themed modules and props.
To get the most out of Doom’s newest update, players will be able to take part in a Double XP Weekend from now until Monday, December 12, at 12:00 PM (Eastern Time).
Finally, id Software also announced that Bloodfall, Doom’s third downloadable expansion, will be released on December 15. The final DLC Pack will include three new multiplayer maps and the invisible Spectre Pinky demon.
More information about “Free Update 5” and the Bloodfall DLC Pack can be found at Bethesda.net.