After revealing the game last month during Nintendo’s Switch Presentation, Sega has announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris will be released for Nintendo’s next console and the PS4 on April 25. To go along with this good news, the publisher also released a new trailer highlighting the puzzle mashup’s many multiplayer modes:
Puyo Puyo Tetris Multiplayer Modes
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Puyo Puyo Tetris will be released for the Switch as a digital download through the Nintendo eShop ($29.99) and in a special retail edition containing Puyo Puyo and Tetris-themed keychains ($39.99). Unfortunately, PS4 owners won’t be able to purchase it digitally through the PlayStation Store, and will have to settle for a limited retail edition with no keychains ($29.99).