Each new Sonic Forces trailer is more serious than the last. And the trailer that Sega created for this year’s E3 Expo is no exception.
The trailer gives us our first glimpse at Infinite, the ultimate evil behind the post-apocalyptic world of Sonic Forces. And also say hello to the rest of the game’s villains in a dark and moody new video that reintroduces Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, Chaos, Shadow, and Zavok:
The Villains of Sonic Forces
- Doctor Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik: The original Mad Genius Doctor, and Sonic’s nemesis. After countless failed attempts, his plan to take over the world seems to finally be succeeding.
- Metal Sonic: One of the evil doctor’s most powerful creations, Metal Sonic first appeared in Sonic CD, and has returned at a few key moments since.
- Chaos: An ancient power thought to have been quelled after the events of Sonic Adventure. His return is a mystery.
- Shadow: Once called “The Ultimate Life Form,” Shadow fights for his own reasons. He appeared in Sonic Adventure 2.
- Zavok: The leader of a group known as The Zeti, Zavok is a powerful warrior who was first seen in Sonic Lost World.
Sonic Forces will be released for the PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch this Fall.