Travel back with me to the year 2013, and Ubisoft’s launch of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. The then-newest game in the franchise featured a very popular pirate theme, and many fans asked Ubisoft to produce a full game about buccaneers sailing the seven seas.
Today, at the 2017 E3 Expo, they delivered with a debut Cinematic Trailer (with a very serious cover of Seal’s “Crazy”) for Skull and Bones. Developed by Ubisoft Singapore, players will go on a quest for booty in Skull and Bones, as well as engage in naval combat with other pirate ships during the “Golden Age of Piracy”:
It is the Golden Age of Piracy. Renegade captains command the most powerful weapons on Earth: warships. You are a pirate captain who has refused the king’s pardon and sailed from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, an untamed frontier full of lavish riches. However, these waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs clash. In order to survive, you will have to build a lethal fleet, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and ally with other pirates in your endless struggle for supremacy.
Skull and Bones Features
- Dominate a Dangerous Open Ocean: A shared open world that reacts as you plunder rich trade routes
- Customize Your Pirate Experience: Choose your captain, recruit your crew and build deadly ships
- Naval Combat Redefined: Use your weapons, spyglass and even the wind to stalk and destroy your prey
- Play Solo or Co-Op: Raid the Hunting Grounds alone or group with other players to hunt larger prey
- Explosive Multiplayer: Enter the Disputed Waters and fight for supremacy in a variety of game modes
Skull and Bones will be released for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One in Fall 2018, but Ubisoft is currently accepting applications for an upcoming Closed Beta at the game’s official website. Also, be sure to check out an additional Gameplay Trailer after the break.