2K Games and Firaxis have announced that XCOM 2 will receive its first major expansion this Summer. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen will push the game’s story in new directions, while also adding new enemies, missions, environments, and increased depth:
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen greatly expands upon the XCOM 2 campaign. ADVENT, in its bid to recapture the Commander, has deployed a deadly new enemy force called the “Chosen.” To aid XCOM in its fight to liberate Earth, players will have access to three new resistance factions, each with their own Hero class. The expansion also includes other new enemies, missions, environments, and increased depth of strategic gameplay.
Some of the new features available in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen include:
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Features
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class;
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations;
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the Advent Purifier, and the psionically charged Advent Priest;
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
The XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion will be available for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One on August 29.