Earlier this year, Hypersect announced that Inversus would make its way to the Xbox One sometime this year. That’s still the plan, but today, the developer confirmed the black-and-white shooter will also make its way to the Nintendo Switch.
The Xbox One and Switch launch will be retitled Inversus Deluxe, and Hypersect plans to add a wide variety of new features to the game alongside its new name:
New Features Planned For Inversus Deluxe
- 12 New Versus Maps and 4 New Arcade Maps create a total of 50 unique maps for players to enjoy.
- Test your skills in the new Single-Player Versus Mode by facing off against AI Bots that scale in difficulty from beginner to world-class player.
- The addition of Ranked Online Multiplayer rewards skill in both 1v1 and 2v2 games.
- New Real-Time Soft Shadows and High Definition Materials add a depth and richness to the screen.
- With the new Split-Shot Ammo, players can fork bullets and shoot around corners.
- Equipping new unlockable Motion Trails allow players to show off personality in the arena.
“When I first saw Nintendo Switch, I knew it was the perfect home for Inversus!” said Hypersect’s Ryan Juckett. “The controls map directly onto a single Joy-Con for playing with friends, while the quick game sessions are great for playing on the go.”
If you’re an owner of Inversus for the PC or PS4, don’t worry, the “Deluxe” update will be available as a free download.