Atlus has announced plans to bring Dragon’s Crown, a bizarre beat ’em up that was originally released for the PS3 and Vita in 2013, to the PS4 in Spring 2018.
The remaster will be known as Dragon’s Crown Pro, and it’ll include PS4 Pro support, a newly recorded orchestral soundtrack, English and Japanese audio options, cross-play and cross-save compatibility with the PS3/Vita version, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC:
- Visuals Fit for an Ancient Dragon – With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware’s signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland.
- A Rousing Adventurer’s Soundtrack – A newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon’s Crown.
- Glorious Presentation – Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! Plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- All the Royal Bells and Whistles – If you already own Dragon’s Crown, your saves won’t go to waste. There will be online cross-play and cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. Oh, and all patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included!
- Four Player Frenzy – With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together.
As with the original release, Dragon’s Crown Pro features groups of heroes that face dreadful challenges in the labyrinthine dungeons surrounding the medieval fantasy kingdom of Hydeland. As they explore deeper into the dungeons, non-player characters such as Samuel the Adventurer’s Guild leader and Lucain, the wizard come in to play with quests and tasks to complete. Use six adventurers (Fighter, Dwarf, Amazon, Wizard, Elf, and Sorceress) and their unique abilities to unravel the story behind the ultimate treasure, the Dragon’s Crown.
We were pretty big fans of Dragon’s Crown the first time around, and if you’re interested in trying out Dragon’s Crown Pro this weekend, it’ll be playable at Sony’s PlayStation Experience, which will be held on December 9th and 10th in Anaheim.