Warp Zoned Is Hiring!
APPLY HERE NOW
Bruce Campbell joins CoD Advanced Warfare as world's grooviest pilot in Exo Zombies Ep2
The cartridge-based console is coming back with Shovel Knight and Retro City Rampage
Activision confirms Skylanders 5, Call of Duty 2015, "unannounced initiatives" during quarterly presentation
Shigeru Miyamoto confirms that Pikmin 4 is in development
See space battles, Lightsaber combat, pod racing in new Disney Infinity: Star Wars videos
Lords of the Fallen 2 will be released in 2017
Xbox Store Today: Badland, Beach Buggy Racing
Get a VIP tour of Lego Jurassic World in this new trailer
New Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay trailer goes to war
Nintendo Download: Splatoon, Don’t Starve, Mega Man Zero 3, more
Most Recent: PS3
I know it’s quite cliche to open an article like this, but welcome to Lego Jurassic World! WB Games and TT Games have released a new trailer to promote their Lego-ized adaptation of the four Jurassic Park films and this time we’re treated to a “VIP Tour” of the park.
We’ve also learned that the first two DLC packs will be available as a free bonus to fans that pre-order the game through the digital storefronts:
Pre-Order Through PlayStation Store (PS3 or PS4) and Get…
Jurassic Park Trilogy Pack #1
Characters – Dino Handler, Eric Kirby, and Paul Kirby
Vehicle – Animal Control Vehicle
Pre-Order Through Xbox Games Store (Xbox 360 or Xbox One) and Get…
Jurassic Park Trilogy Pack #2
Characters – Jurassic Park Helicopter Pilot, Lex Murphy, and Tim Murphy
Vehicle – Ian Malcolm’s San Diego Cruiser
Both packs will be available after launch for $0.99 each.
Lego Jurassic World will be released on June 12 for the 3DS, PC, PS3, PS4, Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Jurassic World will open in theaters on the same day.
The start of the Women’s World Cup is just a few days away, and EA Sports has used this opportunity to announce that women’s national teams will be added to the FIFA franchise for the first time in FIFA 16. FIFA 16 will launch on September 22 with 12 women’s national teams: USA, Germany, France, Sweden, England, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Spain, China, Italy, and Mexico.
“I honestly can’t believe all of the science and technology behind the game itself, let alone getting us into the motion capture suits and eventually into the game,” said Abby Wambach of the United States Women’s National Team. “We’re all excited to see ourselves in the game, but even more excited to see the reaction from all of the fans.”
Wambach’s motion capture session was shared by fellow Team USA players Sydney Leroux, Alex Morgan, and Megan Rapinoe as they helped EA Sports create “realistic animations and attributes” for the female players. Developers from EA Canada even traveled to tournaments around the world to capture facial features and hairstyles from all the included players. More details on the process, including an interview with Alex Morgan, can be found at the official FIFA 16 website.
FIFA 16 will be available for the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One when it launches on September 22.
A terrorist crime ring is set to invade Battlefield Hardline in its first expansion, Criminal Activity. Visceral briefed players on what to expect in Criminal Activity on Battlefield’s official website:
Small crews of well-trained, aggressive criminals have been using force of arms to terrorize the citizenry and are in direct conflict with the police in many cases. Public property damages and insurance claims have skyrocketed, not to mention the impact on the police force.
Detectives have uncovered evidence of a secret crime ring that could be behind all of this activity. They’re not sure why anyone would coordinate these goals – in a number of cases, the take seems to be smaller than the risk. But, orders have come down the chain to find out what’s going on and put a stop to it. Will you help the police?
Criminal Activity’s centerpiece is four new maps, which are detailed in the trailer embedded above. These new locales include “Code Blue,” a swanky nightclub; “The Beat,” the streets in and around a chop shop; “Black Friday,” a busy shopping mall; and “Backwoods,” which is pretty self-explanatory.
Other additions to the game bound for Criminal Activity include the new “Bounty Hunter” game mode, two new rides, two new ammunition types, three new weapons, a new gadget, a nailgun battlepickup, and six new masks (two animal and four police headgear options).
Criminal Activity will be available sometime in June for the owners of Battlefield Hardline’s Premium Edition. Everyone else will be given the option to purchase the expansion two weeks after that.
Where have you gone Baseball Stars? It’s not quite as famous as Joe DiMaggio, but the goofy spirit of SNK’s classic baseball game lives on in Super Mega Baseball, a well-received adaptation of the grand old game that was released for the PS3 and PS4 last year. Today, Metalhead Software announced plans to bring the game to the PC and the Xbox One this Summer as Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings.
For now, the “Extra Innings” content includes two additional stadiums and a variety of gameplay tweaks and simulation enhancements. And if you purchased the game on a PlayStation platform last year, don’t worry, all of these changes will be made available to PS3 and PS4 players in a free update.
“Right now there are few options for quality, accessible sports titles on the market, particularly when it comes to baseball games on the Xbox One and PC,” said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “We’re really looking to put this genre back on the map for more casual fans, especially the younger generation of gamers who haven’t had access to the types of games that were common during their parents’ generation. Games that could introduce a sport to the uninitiated and turn them into fans for life.”
In addition to its foundation as a realistic simulation with a comical presentation, Super Mega Baseball will include local play for up to four players, “fine-grained control of the difficulty,” a leveling system, and complete player customization.
It’s Tuesday and the PlayStation Store is once again overflowing with new releases including…
- Capcom brings their famed Street Fighter series to the PS4 for the first time with Ultra Street Fighter IV.
- Capcom will also add the nearly forgotten Mega Man 8 to the PSone Classics section of the store this week.
- Telltale will continue their Game of Thrones adaptation on the PS3 and PS4 with Game of Thrones: Sons of Winter.
- Beloved mobile side-scroller Badland is now available on the PS3, PS4, and Vita as a Cross-Buy title.
- Magicka 2, an overhead action RPG, will cast its spell on the PS4.
- And finally, NASCAR 15 will turn right onto the PS3.
CoD: Advanced Warfare Supremacy Pack trailer includes 4 seconds of Bruce Campbell… and a first glimpse at four new multiplayer maps
Bruce Campbell, the world’s most famous zombie hunter, will have an expanded role in the third Exo Zombies episode, which Activision revealed today as part of an announcement for the next downloadable expansion for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The nearly three-minute long trailer only includes fleeting glimpses of the groovy actor, but it was the highlight of the video for me.
Besides the mighty Bruce, the Supremacy Pack will include four new competitive multiplayer maps:
- Parliament: Docked on the River Thames, this military cargo ship delivers a view of the London cityscape along with a fast-paced combat experience. Mixed site-lines provide opportunities for all styles of play to dominate this medium-sized map. Players can take control of the map-based scorestreak to unleash a barrage of missiles that annihilate enemies.
- Kremlin: Gamers must prepare for intense combat outside Russia’s presidential palace in the new map Kremlin, as they navigate the worn-torn buildings of Red Square in this medium-sized, three-lane map. Secure elevated positions to give the team a strategic advantage, or use exoskeleton capabilities to avoid being caught in the minefield that activates mid-match.
- Compound: Players take combat preparation to the limit in an Atlas training facility hidden away in the Colorado wilderness, as they’ll have to be quick on the trigger in this small, symmetrical map, which funnels high-speed combat through tight corners to the main tower structures.
- Skyrise: Players deploy to an Atlas Skyscraper overlooking the Acropolis in Athens, Greece. Based on the fan-favorite, Highrise, from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 by Infinity Ward, this map brings new exoskeleton mechanics to the classic multiplayer layout. Gamers must dominate the power positions in the center of this small-to-medium sized map to control the key navigation points.
The episodic “Exo Zombies” co-op mode will continue in “Carrier,” which will star Campbell in addition to returning cast members John Malkovich, Bill Paxton, Rose McGowan, and Jon Bernthal. “Carrier,” which takes place on an Atlas aircraft carrier, will include “advanced new weaponry, enemy Atlas Strike teams, Sentinel support squads, and a host of new zombie enemies.”
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s Supremacy Pack will be available for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 on June 2. Thanks to Microsoft’s timed exclusivity, PC, PS4, and PS3 players will have to wait at least a month to dive in to the new maps.
10 more Guitar Hero Live tracks revealed by Activision
It worked so well the last week that Activision has decided to reveal another ten tracks from Guitar Hero Live that span the gamut from hard rock to metal all the way back to hard rock. What are you waiting for, throw up the horns for these tunes…
- Anthrax – “Got the Time”
- Architects – “Gravedigger”
- Beartooth – “I Have A Problem”
- Chevelle – “The Clincher”
- A Day to Remember – “Right Back At It Again”
- Halestorm – “Love Bites (So Do I)”
- Pearl Jam – “Mind Your Manners”
- Rise Against – “Tragedy + Time”
- Soundgarden – “Been Away Too Long”
- Tenacious D – “Tribute”
Including the first batch of songs, Activision has officially announced 44 tracks from the upcoming rhythm revival, which will be released this Fall for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii U.
Developer Golden Ruby Games is hard at work on Extreme Exorcism, an arena platformer where players have to bust a bunch of ghosts while avoiding attacks from their past lives. The premise alone should be enough to put it on your radar, but development is also coming along nicely as we awarded it a Best of PAX East 2015 badge earlier this year.
In fact, Extreme Exorcism was a huge hit with a lot of convention-goers, many of whom asked the developer to bring the game to the PS3 and Wii U in addition to its previously-announced destinations (PC, PS4, and Xbox One). As you might have guessed from the headline, Golden Ruby has granted their wish and released a brand new gameplay trailer to boot.
Extreme Exorcism will be available for all five platforms later this year, but it’ll likely be after this year’s E3 Expo as Golden Ruby plans to demo the game in Ripstone Publishing’s booth at the big show.