10 Actors We Think Could Play Victor "Sully" Sullivan in the Uncharted Movie
New Retail Releases: Ultra Street Fighter II, Disgaea 5 Complete, Rime, More
The Amazing Race asked its contestants to play Street Fighter V last night
2K Games officially announces a Fall 2017 release for WWE 2K18
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #14: Street Fighter II
Get a look at Far Cry 5’s creepy cult in the game’s first trailer
Xbox Store Today: Friday the 13th, Rime, World Heroes 2
Telltale will release Guardians of the Galaxy: Episode 2 on June 6
Giant pillbugs and new vehicles roll into the latest Earth Defense Force 5 trailer
Sqaure Enix: Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Avengers Project will be released “in the next three years or so”
All Articles: Dead Island
BRAINNNNNNSSSSSSSSS! BRAINNNNNNSSSSSSSSS! BRAINNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!
Deep Silver is resurrecting the Dead Island series on new-generation consoles this week with the release of Dead Island Definitive Collection. Available to download now through the Xbox Games Store, the Xbox One re-release will include enhanced remakes of Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide, as well as a brand new side-scroller titled Dead Island: Retro Revenge. Both games are also available to download separately, but Retro Revenge is only available in the Definitive Collection package.
Also available this week is a trio of titles for Xbox One owners… One Piece: Burning Blood is a fighting game based on the popular anime and manga, TurnOn is a puzzle platformer starring an electric alien, and Fragments of Him is a melancholy and emotional narrative game.
More information on all of these titles can be found after the break. (more…)
Dead Island 2 might be stuck in limbo, but Deep Silver is resurrecting their zombie franchise this week with the Dead Island Definitive Collection. Available to download now for the PlayStation Store, the Definitive Collection includes both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide, as well as the side-scrolling Dead Island: Retro Revenge. Dead Island and Riptide are also available to download separately, but Retro Revenge is exclusive to the Definitive Collection package.
Also available this week is Dangerous Golf, the first game from a group of ex-Criterion developers at Three Fields Entertainment. The PS4 game will hand players a putter and let them go nuts in a wide variety of different environments. Have you ever wanted to wreck a kitchen, castle, or palace with a 5-iron? Well, here’s your chance.
Finally this week, Ndemic Creations will bring Plague Inc.: Evolved to the PS4. First released for the Xbox One in September, and available for the PC since February, Plague Inc.: Evolved will finally give PS4 owners the chance to infect the world with a horrific disease.
More information on all of these games (and a few other new releases) can be found after the break. And don’t forget to check out the PlayStation Blog, which has a complete rundown of this week’s new add-ons and discounts. (more…)
A handful of very huge games have been released over the last few weeks, but the month comes to a close with just a pair of new titles.
Deep Silver will resurrect the first two games in the Dead Island series as part of the Dead Island Definitive Collection for the PS4 and Xbox One. The compilation will add shinier graphics to Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide, and include all previously-released downloadable content for both games. An exclusive third game, Dead Island: Retro Revenge, will morph the series into a 16-bit side-scroller.
Also available this week is One Piece: Burning Blood, a one-on-one fighter for the PS4 and Xbox One. An adaptation of the pirate-themed manga, One Piece: Burning Blood will offer players “an advanced battle system that replicates Devil Fruit abilities and Haki techniques.”
We’ll be back soon to look at the latest digital releases on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store, and Nintendo eShop throughout the rest of the week.
We still don’t know if Dead Island 2 will be ready for its planned 2016 launch, but Deep Silver hasn’t given up on their undead franchise.
The publisher announced today that Dead Island: Definitive Collection, which includes Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide, will be released for the PS4 and Xbox One on May 31. The remastered compilation will give both games a complete visual overhaul courtesy of several fancy graphical tricks that weren’t possible before:
- Higher Quality Textures – Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board.
- Photorealistic New Lighting System – The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting.
- Physically Based Shading – The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions.
- Image Quality Enhancements Via Anti-Aliasing – The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly jaggies meaning a much cleaner look throughout.
- Improved-Quality Game Models and Geometry Assets – All major geometry assets (for example, NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase.
- HBAO and Motion Blur Effects – The introduction of Horizon-Based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated Game UI – Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
Both games in the Dead Island: Definitive Collection will include all of the previously released downloadable expansions, as well as new features like online four-player co-op, streaming, and recording. PlayStation 4 owners will also be able to take advantage of PS Vita Remote Play and Share Play. Players will also get the chance to test out the “Power Fists” powerup, a fan favorite mod.
Finally, the Dead Island: Definitive Collection will include Dead Island: Retro Revenge, a side-scrolling endless runner that will be exclusive to the retail package.
A flood of new games have been added to the PlayStation Store today, let’s take a look:
- Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3) – The latest game in Tecmo Koei’s long-running hack and slash series.
- Time and Eternity (PS3) – A hand-drawn RPG from NIS America.
- Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition (PS3) – Deep Silver’s zombie game is now available on the PSN complete with all the available DLC.
- Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark Of The Millennium (PS3) – The classic PS2 fighter is now available on the PS2 Classics store.
The football sim was the only new release from the month of July to crack the top ten, but to be fair, there weren’t very many games released last month. Instead, the top ten is populated by holdovers like Lego Batman 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, and two Call of Duty games (Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3). According to Joystiq, this motley crew could only manage sales of $260.7 million, a 23% drop from July 2011’s take of $338.5 million.
The full top ten is available after the break. (more…)
Deep Silver’s Dead Island was one of 2011’s most talked-about games. Some loved it. Some hated it. And some just sat back and muttered, “another zombie game?”
This Summer we’ll get to do it all over again as the publisher has announced a June 26 release for the Dead Island Game of the Year Edition. European gamers will get it as well, but they’ll have to wait until July 6.
Like most GOTY Editions, the Dead Island Game of the Year Edition will include the original game and all of the previously released downloadable content at a budget price. In this case, that DLC includes the “Ryder White” expansion, the “Bloodbath Arena” high score mode, and a weapon blueprint for “The Ripper.”
And if you’d rather skip the game (again) and relive Dead Island’s awesome teaser trailer (again), check it out right here.
Boom! After taking the month of August off thanks to the NFL lockout, the debut of Madden NFL 12 has reclaimed its rightful spot at the top of The NPD Groups’s monthly rankings.
The football sim was joined at the top of the charts by other big new releases: Gears of War 3 chainsawed the second spot and Deep Silver’s Dead Island landed at #3 (behold the power of hype, folks). EA Sports claimed the rest of the top five with FIFA Soccer 12 at #4 and NHL 12 a spot below. Resistance 3 at #7 and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine at #10 round out the bevy of new releases on this NPD list.
Holdovers from previous months include Deus Ex: Human Revolution (#6), Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (#8) and Call of Duty: Black Ops (#9).
The complete top ten can be found after the break. (more…)