EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Lucid Games announces Switchblade... Jackbox shows off Jackbox Party Pack 4 with home shopping trailer
10 Actors We Think Could Play Victor "Sully" Sullivan in the Uncharted Movie
Sports! NBA 2K17, Madden 17, FIFA 17, NHL 17 are the best-selling games in September 2016
Pokken Tournament DX, SteamWorld Dig 2, Thimbleweed Park, more added to Nintendo eShop
Kickstart This! The Devil’s Eight and Village Monsters
N++ is coming to Xbox One on October 4… Inversus is coming to Switch on September 28 and Xbox One on October 4
Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite, NBA 2K18, Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 – Episode 3, more added to Xbox Store
Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite, Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame, Project CARS 2, more added to PS Store
All Articles: Dead Rising 4
Capcom has announced that Dead Rising 4 will finally make its way to the PS4 this December as the aptly-named Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package. As you might have guessed, Frank’s Big Package will include the original game, along with all three downloadable expansions, and a brand new mode known as “Capcom Heroes.”
The special “Capcom Heroes” mode will add more than a dozen new costumes to the game (including Mega Man), which grand Frank the powers and abilities of classic Capcom characters. The Capcom-Unity blog has a full rundown on what players will find as they explore Frank’s Big Package:
Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package
- Dead Rising 4: The latest, greatest version of the game including post-launch difficulty settings and upcoming updates.
- Capcom Heroes: An all-new way to experience the Dead Rising 4 story that lets our hero Frank West wear over a dozen outfits and perform outrageous special attacks inspired by classic Capcom characters.
- All Downloadable Content: Costumes and weapons from the Stocking Stuffer Holiday Pack, additional single-player content in Frank Rising, and multiplayer action in Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf.
- All Bonus Content: Street Fighter Outfit Pack, My Bloody Valentine Pack, Candy Cane Crossbow, Slicecycle, Sir-Ice-A-Lot, Ugly Winter Sweater, and X-Fists.
Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package will be available for the PS4 on December 5, and PC and Xbox One players will be able to download the “Capcom Heroes” mode as a free update on the same date.
Capcom and Microsoft have announced that Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf will be available tow download for the PC and Xbox One on June 20. The Dead Rising 4 expansion will transform the town of Willamette into a golf course, and players will dodge zombies as they shoot for a hole in one.
The Capcom Unity blog has more information:
With oversized golf balls and customizable clubs, players will drive long and hard down the fairways of Willamette in search of the perfect putt. Grab your golf loving friends for four-player co-op or go solo on the zombie infested course. But watch your score – you definitely don’t want to bogey on this course!
Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf is part of Dead Rising 4’s Season Pass, but Dead Rising 4 owners can also purchase it as a standalone download for $9.99.
Frank is back, baby! Capcom and Microsoft have teamed up to release Dead Rising 4 this holiday season, and its now available to download through the Xbox Games Store for the Xbox One. It’s Christmastime at the Willamette Mall and Frank is up to his eyeballs in zombies once again. Thankfully, he’s got a ton of new weapons (including a jolly EXO Suit) to deliver coal to the naughty undead hordes.
This week’s other big Xbox One release, Abzu, is a tad more serene than Dead Rising 4. The underwater exploration game was designed by Matt Nava, the Art Director on Journey and Flower, and it gives players the chance to visit a “vibrant ocean world full of mystery and bursting with color and life.”
Finally this week, Her Majesty’s SPIFFING asks players to go adventuring in outer space, though with a distinctly British flair. Players who gone SPIFFING, the Special Planetary Investigative Force For Inhabiting New Galaxies, will boldly go where no man has gone before (except for all those Brits who starred in Star Wars and Star Trek).
More information on all of these games (and a few other new releases) can be found after the break. (more…)
In development since 2007, and first unveiled at E3 2009, The Last Guardian‘s disappearance from the public eye during the first part of the decade lead many to believe the game would never see the light of die. But some kept hope alive… even after Director Fumito Ueda parted ways with Sony a few years ago. That faith will be rewarded this week when The Last Guardian, a story of a boy and the gentle giant that follows him around, launches for the PS4.
Another long-awaited game will make its Xbox One this week. Capcom’s Dead Rising 4 marks the return of photojournalist Frank West and the Willamette Mall in a Christmas-themed zombie game that also brings back the franchise’s trademark zany setpieces and insane action.
Finally this week, Ubisoft will release Werewolves Within for the PS4. The publisher plans to recreate the real-life party game using a PlayStation VR headset, and five-to-eight players will get the chance to play “a fast-paced game of hidden roles and social deduction” online.
That’s it for the Retail Release Report, but we’ll be back later this week with a complete rundown of the new digital downloads coming to the PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store, and Nintendo eShop.
Have you sat down to watch a Yule Log video and thought… “This needs more zombies”?
Well, today’s your lucky day! Microsoft and Capcom have teamed up to produce a special Dead Rising 4-themed Yule Log video starring Frank West, his light-up baseball bat, and a whole mess of zombie limbs roasting on an open fire.
Dead Rising 4 will be available as an Xbox Play Anywhere title for the PC and Xbox One on December 6.
Frank West has never said no to a good costume. The gaming world’s favorite photojournalist is also a bit of a tinkerer and he loves turning useless junk into badass weapons. Thankfully, neither of those things are going to change in Dead Rising 4.
Capcom released a new trailer for the latest entry in their other zombies series today, and Frank West is delivering glad tidings and having a jolly old time. In just 90 seconds, he hosts an impromptu fashion show, and then heads back to his workshop to fill his Christmas slay with a few new toys for all the good ghouls and boys.
Dead Rising 4 will be released for the PC and Xbox One on December 6 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.
Microsoft has announced (via the Xbox Wire) that Frank West will find a few extra toys under the Christmas tree this year thanks to the Dead Rising 4 Season Pass. Priced at $24.99, the Season Pass will include three downloadable content expansions which will be available sometime after its launch on December 6.
The highlight of the collection is clearly Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf, which reconfigures the town of Willamette (and the Willamette Memorial Megaplex Mall) into a zombie-filled golf course. However, if you’d prefer to extend the story, the Frank Rising expansion forces a freshly-infected Frank West to search for a cure in a time-limited version of the campaign after he’s bitten by a zombie. Finally, the Stocking Stuffer Holiday Pack is your standard issue “bonus content” pack and will include an assortment of “festive” weapons, vehicles, and costumes.
More information about each expansion can be found right here:
- Stocking Stuffer Holiday Pack: Frank West is home for the holidays and he’s got a naughty list the size of Willamette, Colorado. Tear up the streets with festive weapons, zombies, vehicles, costumes, and more.
- Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf: You’ve mastered the outbreak – now it’s time to master the green, with eighteen holes of pure wanton destruction you can play with up to three friends online. Flip zombies the birdie where bloodthirsty, over the top zombie mayhem is par for the course. The world of Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf is extreme and the fairways are the town of Willamette, Colorado, including the iconic Willamette Memorial Megaplex Mall. Use Frank West’s favorite weapons as your set of golf clubs. With an oversized golf ball, drive down the fairways, reaching for the green to nail the perfect putt. Watch your score as you do not want to bogey in this zombie filled eighteen-hole golf course. Mini golf is made crazier with the zombie horde as obstructions and hazards. Dead Rising Fore!
- Dead Rising 4: Frank Rising: In this DLC, Frank West is freshly infected and needs to find a cure before he becomes a zombie and is lost forever. While searching for a cure, Frank discovers that everything is not the same as it was; zombies are getting smarter, people cannot be trusted and paramilitary forces are plotting to wipe out Willamette. Frank has a limited time before he reverts to the full zombie state and the city is wiped out. Frank will have to get to the truth first… or die trying.
The Season Pass content can also be obtained as part of the Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition ($79.99), which will be available exclusively as a digital download. And don’t forget, if you opt for a digital download of Dead Rising 4, you’ll receive the game on both the Xbox One and Windows 10 PC thanks to the Xbox Play Anywhere program.
Poor Frank West. He’s covered wars, but he’ll always be remembered as the photojournalist who got caught in a mall with a horde of zombies. So ten years after the original Dead Rising, he’s decided to embrace his ridiculous claim to fame and return to the Willamette Mall. Unfortunately, the shops have once again been overrun by a zombie uprising.
The Capcom-Unity blog has the lowdown on the latest Dead Rising 4 trailer, which focuses on Frank’s many creative ways to kill a zombie:
Frank West is back and in cracking form, as today Microsoft and Capcom Vancouver revealed the new gameplay trailer for Dead Rising 4. Titled “Return to the Mall,” the trailer brings fans back to Willamette Mall, where a recon mission quickly goes awry. From cleaving through zombies in the food court to pausing for a few creative selfies, Willamette Mall is a key piece in Frank’s search for the truth behind a government conspiracy responsible for the outbreak. Check out the action for yourself in the video above!
If you’re looking for even more Christmas cheer on this final day of Summer, Microsoft and Capcom have also released an animated Cinematic Trailer for Dead Rising 4, and you can find it after the break. Dead Rising 4 will be released for the PC and Xbox One on December 6 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title. (more…)