10 Actors We Think Could Play Victor "Sully" Sullivan in the Uncharted Movie
New Retail Releases: Ultra Street Fighter II, Disgaea 5 Complete, Rime, More
2K Games officially announces a Fall 2017 release for WWE 2K18
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Weekend Pipeline: 5/19/17 – Steam Sales With a Shot of Overwatch
Xbox Game Pass launches June 1 but Gold subscribers can try it out now
Netflix’s Castlevania series will debut on July 7… and here’s the first teaser trailer
Capcom will add revamped CFN online service, new Targets, Ed, Spain stage to Street Fighter V on May 30
The Adventure Log: What Happened on May 24, 2017
Xbox Store Today: Unit 4, Gwent Open Beta, A Walk in the Dark, more
All Articles: FAST RMX
The Nintendo Switch is here!
Nintendo’s next gaming machine, a hybrid console/handheld, will go on sale in just a little over three hours. That’s also when Nintendo will swing the doors open on the Switch’s eShop and give early adopters the chance to purchase nearly a dozen different launch titles.
The biggest name in the Switch’s launch lineup, by far, is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Also available to download on the Wii U, Breath of the Wild will offer a wide-open world for Link to explore and new puzzles to solve.
However, if you’re looking to celebrate the system’s launch with a big party, you’ll have several options. There’s 1-2-Switch, a wild minigame collection where players are encouraged to look at each other instead of the screen. There’s also Snipperclips: Cut It Out Together!, a co-op puzzle adventure starring two pieces of paper. And Ubisoft will bring the popular Just Dance series to the Switch with Just Dance 2017.
Prospective Switch players who want to be on the move might want to look into FAST RMX, a new futuristic racer from Shin’en Multimedia.
Finally, retro gaming fans will have plenty of options on the Switch’s first day including Yacht Club’s new platformer, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, as well as the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, which includes Specter of Torment and the first two campaigns. Konami’s Super Bomberman R brings the lovable Bombers back for the first time in almost a decade. And I Am Setsuna, from Square Enix, is an original RPG inspired by Chrono Trigger.
If you’re taking a wait and see approach to the Switch, never fear, 3DS owners will still have something new to play this week. Marvelous Entertainment’s Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns is the latest entry in the popular farming simulation series and, as you might have guessed, players will be able to visit three towns this time around.
You can learn more about all of these games after the break. (more…)
One of the strangest complaints about Nintendo’s marketing strategy for the Switch has been, “Will the eShop be ready on March 3?” Square Enix announced a launch day digital release for I Am Setsuna a month ago, and Tomorrow Corporation followed that up with a similar announcement for World of Goo, Human Resource Machine, and Little Inferno.
Today, Nintendo added three more titles to the Switch’s launch day lineup of digital titles including Yacht Club’s Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, as well as Shin’en Multimedia’s FAST RMX:
- FAST RMX (Shin’en Multimedia): Challenge your friends to local split-screen competition or take part in online races against players from all over the world. This lightning-fast anti-gravity racer is exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (Yacht Club Games) The latest DLC for the critically acclaimed hit Shovel Knight is a full-featured game starring Specter Knight, one of the enemies from the original game. The massive campaign includes even more content than the last DLC, Plague of Shadows. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Yacht Club Games): For Shovel Knight’s biggest fans, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove includes the original Shovel Knight game, as well as all previously released DLC – even Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment! Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be exclusive to Nintendo Switch for a limited time.
In other Nintendo eShop news, the consolemaker has confirmed that they’re won’t be any Virtual Console titles ready on launch day. But they will host a Nindies Showcase on Tuesday, February 28, at 12:00 noon (Eastern Time) to “celebrate many of these upcoming Nindie creations before launch.” Fans can tune in to the livestream at live.nintendo.com to watch.
Nintendo Switch Presentation: More than 80 games in development including Minecraft, Street Fighter II, Bomberman, more
During Nintendo’s Switch Presentation, several developers took the stage (both live and virtually) to announce games that they have in development for the new console. More than 80 games were confirmed to be in the works, and we here at Warp Zoned compiled a list of the games announced during the presentation.
We caught a few that we’ve seen before:
- Dragon Quest X
- Dragon Quest XI: In Search of the Departed Time
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- NBA 2K18
- Project Sonic
A few that are currently available or coming soon to other consoles:
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
- Farming Simulator 17
- FIFA Soccer
- I Am Setsuna
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- Rayman Legends
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Sonic Mania
- Street Fighter II
- Syberia 3
And a few brand new games that we should learn more about soon:
- Atlus’s Shin Megami Tensei V (Working Title)
- Frozenbyte’s Has-Been Heroes
- Nintendo’s Snipperclips: Cut It Out Together
- Shin’in’s FAST RMX
- Square Enix’s Project Octopath Traveler (Working Title)
- Suda51’s No More Heroes 3 (Working Title)
- Super Bomberman R
And I know there’s some I missed, so don’t forget to watch the video!