EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
From Software's "Shadows Die Twice" might be a new Tenchu game
Electronic Arts reiterates that Battlefield 6 and Anthem are coming in 2018
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time: An Introduction and The Top 100
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Call of Duty: WWII leads a huge month for game sales as best-selling game of Nov. 2017
Enter the Gungeon, Yooka-Laylee, Romancing SaGa 2, more coming to Nintendo eShop this week
Here’s a trailer for the season finale of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2… which launches on December 19
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Okami HD, Night in the Woods, more added to Xbox Store
Image & Form will bring SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition to Switch on December 28
All Articles: Gamescom 2014
Speaking to Game Informer, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has confirmed that the publisher is getting out the “mature games” business on the Wii U. But let’s face it, the writing has been on the wall ever since Ubisoft pushed back the Wii U launch of Watch Dogs. The open-world game launched for every other possible platform in May, but Ubisoft delayed the Wii U release to some indeterminate point in the Fall. However, Guillemot was firm in stating that the Wii U version will be released: “[Watch Dogs] is coming to Wii U. It will be the only mature game we publish on it.”
Guillemot’s “mature game” clarification was his way of saying that the publisher has no intention of completely abandoning the Wii U. The Just Dance series, for example, is still a big seller for Ubisoft and Just Dance 2015 will be released for the Wii U this Fall. So why do mature games (like the scrapped ZombiU sequel) get the axe? It’s just business, says Guillemot.
“It’s very simple,” Guillemot says. “What we see is that Nintendo customers don’t buy Assassin’s Creed. Last year, we sold in very small numbers.” In fact, across Ubisoft’s portfolio, Nintendo Wii U sales only represent three percent of the total for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014.
Ouch, but it sounds like this is all part of a development restructuring that Ubisoft is implementing across the board. The CEO also revealed that all PS3 and Xbox 360 development will likely stop at the studio’s development houses in 2015. “After 2015, it will be hard for us to create games for those systems,” he said.
The Last Guardian was a no-show at this year’s Gamescom convention, and it looks like it won’t be on display at the Tokyo Game Show either. Speaking to Eurogamer, Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that the game just isn’t ready for a public unveiling:
“Will we see [The Last Guardian] at Tokyo Game Show?” we asked Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida in an interview today.
“I don’t think so,” was his response. “Sorry.”
According to Yoshida, the development team is “making great progress.” They also have a time frame in mind for when they want to re-announce the game, but apparently that time is not now.
And what about those rumors that the game will make the jump to the PS4? Yoshida chose not to comment, but come on, Sony is not going to release a major exclusive like The Guardian solely for the PS3 in 2015 or 2016 or whenever it’ll make its way to store shelves.
Evolve continues to add to its list of pre-release accolades as it took home five 2014 Gamescom Awards including the coveted “Best of Gamescom Award.” Turtle Rock’s 4v1 shooter also earned the awards for “Best PC Game,” “Best Console Game (Sony PlayStation),” “Best Console Game (Microsoft Xbox),” and “Best Online Multiplayer Game.”
Super Smash Bros. 4 and LittleBigPlanet 3 were the only other games to win multiple awards. The 3DS version of Nintendo’s fighter was selected by the judges as “Best Mobile Game” while both versions were picked by attendees as “Most Wanted.” Meanwhile, LittleBigPlanet 3 was awarded “Best Social / Casual / Online Game” and “Best Family Game.”
The full list of winners can be found after the break. (more…)
When we last saw Until Dawn, it was a first-person horror game on the PS3 that required players to use the PlayStation Move controller as they attempted to survive the night while being stalked by a homicidal maniac. Sony reintroduced gamers to Until Dawn during their Gamescom presentation and it looks like it’s undergone a few changes. For starters, it’s now in development only for the PS4 as a third-person game. However, the biggest change is that developer Supermassive has added DualShock 4 support to the game, making the Move controller no longer required.
But don’t worry, Until Dawn is still be an homage to 80s slasher flicks as the plot still asks eight friends to battle a homicidal maniac in the woods.
To capture that authentic Hollywood feel, Supermassive has signed several well-known genre actors to run from their maniac including Rami Malek (Ahkmenrah from the Night at the Museum movies), Brett Dalton (Agent Ward from Agents of SHIELD), and Heroes‘ Hayden Panettiere. At the very least, we know that Panettiere has experience fleeing from a homicidal maniac.
Until Dawn likely won’t be released in 2014, but Supermassive has promised more information on their launch plans “in the coming months.”
Today, during a special Gamescom presentation, Blizzard announced that the fifth World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor, will be released on November 13.
Warlords of Draenor adds a world’s worth of exciting new content for World of Warcraft players to discover. As Azeroth’s displaced heroes venture across Draenor, they’ll build and manage a mighty Garrison, a customizable fortress that grows with them on their journey; delve into otherworldly draenei temples and clash in the heart of hostile orc clans’ territory; fight the opposing faction for control of Ashran, a huge and dynamic PvP zone featuring a variety of personal and cooperative objectives; and take on a wide array of Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Challenge Modes, and more. No matter what kind of content you enjoy, your legend is waiting to be forged on Draenor.
As part of their presentation, Blizzard unveiled Warlords of Draenor’s opening cinematic, which you can view above. They also debuted the first episode of Lords of War, an animated miniseries that will introduce players to some of the expansion’s major characters. The premiere episode is known as “Shattered Hand” and is available after the break. Additional episodes will be posted on WorldofWarcraft.com “in the weeks ahead.” (more…)
Following up on their Aladdin and Jasmine trailer, Disney Interactive announced yet another character to add to the already impressive Toy Box roster for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes: Donald Duck. Donald will be available for purchase this fall, presumably shortly after the game releases.
Now we just need Panchito Pistoles and Jose Carioca and we can get a real Three Caballaros game going. September 23rd can’t come soon enough.