Bethesda will bring Quake Champions, Prey, Elder Scrolls Legends, and ESO Morrowind to PAX East 2017
New Retail Releases: Halo Wars 2, Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
Get a quick glimpse at Tom Savini's "Custom Jason" in Friday the 13th: The Game
Telltale Games is hiring for at least one unannounced project
Weird Al Yankovic recorded a Pac-Man parody in the 80s... and now we can finally hear it
Retro-themed brawler Full Metal Furies will be out this year from Cellar Door Games
Bandai Namco will release a Free Update and DB Super Pack 2 for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 next week
Square Enix tapes Tales producer Hideo Baba to develop Project Prelude Rune
Chroma Squad will be available for PS4 and Xbox One this May
Get a quick glimpse at Tom Savini’s “Custom Jason” in Friday the 13th: The Game
All Articles: Hotline Miami
Sony has pushed another massive update onto the PlayStation Store. Let’s take a look at what new releases we can find on the PSN this week…
- Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3, PS4), The Reaper of Souls expansion to the action RPG is now available on consoles, bundled with the original game.
- Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3), Bandai Namco’s action RPG finally makes it way to North America.
- CounterSpy (PS3/PS4/PS Vita Cross-Buy), the final PlayStation Store Play is a funky spy game that is playable on all your PlayStation systems.
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS3, PS4), the team-based shooter is now available for PlayStation platforms.
- Hotline Miami (PS4), the wild shooter can now be purchased on your PS4.
Two very different agents of chaos highlight today’s PlayStation Store update.
Deadpool, Marvel’s fourth wall-breaking assassin-for-hire, has been given the big budget PS3 game treatment by High Moon and Activision. Meanwhile, the pixelated 2D mayhem of Hotline Miami comes to the PS3 and Vita as a Cross-Buy title. A wide variety of other titles are available this week including:
- Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers (PS3), the latest adaptation of the collectible card game.
- Ride to Hell Retribution (PS3), an action game starring some angry bikers.
- Spartacus Legends (PS3), a free-to-play fighter based on the popular Starz show.
- Muramasa Rebirth (Vita), an action RPG originally released for the Wii that’s been rebuilt for Sony’s handheld.
Dennaton Games has announced they plan to bring the pixelated bloodshed of Hotline Miami to the PS3 and Vita this Spring.
“Our team have been fans of Hotline Miami from the very start and we are absolutely thrilled to have such a brilliant game launch on the PlayStation platform,” said Shahid Ahmad, the Senior Business Development Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “The intense visuals and pulsing soundtrack are perfectly suited for PS3 and PS VIta and we can’t wait for PlayStation fans to see what Hotline Miami is all about.”
The stylish overhead shooter will be ported to the PS3 and Vita by Abstraction Games. And as with many of this year’s PSN games, it’ll be available as a PS3/Vita Cross-Buy title. So if you buy one, you’ll get both.
If you look at it purely as a video game, Dennaton Games’ Hotline Miami is a top-down shooter with a retro palette and a modern amount of blood spray. But Hotline Miami isn’t just an ordinary game and I felt it would be unfair to give it an ordinary review (though, I believe it’s worthy of perfect score, for reasons that I hope are clear). What follows is a “prose poem” that tries to get to the heart of Hotline Miami. I hope you like it. (more…)
The finalists have been announced for this year’s Independent Games Festival, and the lists are full of games I love, and games I can’t wait to love. I’m sad that 10000000 isn’t on there, considering that’s what would get my vote for the game that totally destroyed my life for two days. Well, I guess that might not be what developers want to be known for, but I promise – it’s a compliment.
Whether or not my favorite time on the iPad is represented here, there are plenty of great games being celebrated. Kentucky Route Zero is up for Excellence In Visual Art, Pixeljunk 4AM has been nominated for Excellence In Audio, and another one of my favorites, Super Hexagon, might just win Excellence In Design. The games will be playable at GDC in March on the expo floor. Hit the jump for the full list of categories, finalists, and honorable mentions. (more…)