New Retail Releases: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Valkyria Revolution, RPG Maker Fes, More
Nintendo Download: Ever Oasis, RPG Maker Fes, Fatal Fury 2, more
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Nintendo details Switch online service and Netflix-like subscription for classic games
Calzones For No One: How Mayfair's Cones of Dunshire Kickstarter Campaign Flopped
Xbox Store Today: Valkyria Revolution, The Golf Club 2, Poi, more
Super Mario Odyssey wins “E3 2017 Best of Show” from Game Critics Awards
PS Store This Week: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Valkyria Revolution, CoD Modern Warfare Remastered, more
The Adventure Log: What Happened on June 27, 2017
Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto is now available to download
All Articles: Just Dance 2015
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is on a roll. After being named the best-selling game for all of last year, the NPD Group also confirmed that it was the best-selling game of December as well. Activision’s latest military shooter also took the top spot in November, during its first month of release.
With the holiday shopping season in full swing, December’s sales chart was dominated by big-name franchises including Grand Theft Auto V (#2), Madden NFL 15 (#3), Super Smash Bros. For Wii U / Super Smash Bros. For 3DS, Minecraft (#6).. really, just the entire top ten.
On the hardware side of things, the Xbox One once again was the best-selling console, besting the PS4 for a second month in a row. The console’s $50 price cut is really working for Microsoft and the company has decided to reinstate the discount beginning today, possibly on a permanent basis.
The full top ten for December 2014 can be found after the break. (more…)
Are you just dying to play Just Dance 2015 but you don’t have a Kinect sensor or a PlayStation Camera/Move Controller? Don’t worry, there’s an app for that now.
The Just Dance 2015 Motion Controller app is now available (for free) through the iOS App Store and the Google Play store. And it’s the only thing you need (besides a copy of the game, of course) if you want to play Just Dance 2015 on the PS4 or Xbox One. The game interfaces with the app through wi-fi, allowing your smartphone to track your movements and tabulate your score. Up to four players can use the Motion Controller app on the PS4 while six players can crowd around an Xbox One with it.
“We’ve always strived to make Just Dance the most accessible dance game experience on the market,” said Jason Altman, an Executive Producer at Ubisoft Paris. “With the Just Dance 2015 Motion Controller app, we’re taking that dedication to accessibility to the next level by giving our fans a way to play Just Dance 2015 on PlayStation 4 system and Xbox One by using their own smartphones to keep score.”
Head over to the UbiBlog for more details on how the Just Dance 2015 Motion Controller app works.
I think this may be one of the biggest weeks ever for Nintendo’s eShop… and it’s actually almost all due to Nintendo themselves. The consolemaker will release four games tomorrow: Platinum’s action sequel Bayonetta 2, the original Bayonetta, the RPG/life simulation mashup Fantasy Life, and the drawing game Pokemon Art Academy.
But this week will also see the release of…
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (3DS), the latest game in WayForward’s beloved platformer series (and another “Nindie” backed by Nintendo).
- KORG DSN-12 (3DS), the latest game in the music synthesizer series.
- Just Dance 2015 (Wii U), the newest game in Ubisoft’s dancing franchise.
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (Wii U), one of the best Castlevania games to ever grace the Game Boy Advance.
- The Legend of Korra: A New Era Begins (3DS), a strategy game based on the popular animated series.
- Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay (3DS), an action that takes place after the upcoming Disney film.
More details on all of these games (and a few others) can be found after the break. (more…)
There’s all kinds of fighting available in this week’s Xbox Games Store update. Today’s releases include kung fu fighting, dance fighting, and zombie dance fighting. OK, there’s no zombie dance fighting in The Walking Dead Season 2, but here’s what you can find on the Xbox Games Store as of today:
- Fantasia: Music Evolved (Xbox One, Xbox 360) – Harmonix is back with a new Kinect-powered musical adventure… and this one is based on Disney’s Fantasia.
- The Legend of Korra (Xbox One, Xbox 360) – Activision and Platinum Games have teamed up to release the first game based on the popular animated series.
- Just Dance 2015 (Xbox One, Xbox 360) – Ubisoft’s popular dancing franchise is back for another encore. Now with even more Ariana Grande.
- The Walking Dead Season 2 (Xbox One) – The second season of Telltale’s post-apocalyptic saga makes the leap to the Xbox One.
- F1 2014 (Xbox 360) – Codemasters is back with another Formula One simulation.
More information about all of these games (and many more) can be found after the break. (more…)
It’s another full week for the PlayStation Store as more than a dozen games are now available to download across the PS3, PS4, and Vita through Sony’s digital storefront:
- The Legend of Korra (PS3, PS4) – Activision and Platinum Games have teamed up to release the first game based on the popular animated series.
- Just Dance 2015 (PS3, PS4) – Ubisoft’s popular dancing franchise is back for another encore. Now with even more Ariana Grande.
- Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3, PS4, Vita) – Koei Tecmo is cranking out a ton of new entries in their Warriors series and another one is now available for the PS3, PS4, and Vita.
- Shadow Warrior (PS4) – A reboot of the wild FPS from the 90s, now available on consoles for the first time.
- The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) – The second season of Telltale’s post-apocalyptic saga makes the leap to the PS4.
- F1 2014 (PS3) – Codemasters is back with another Formula One simulation.
The third phase of Nintendo’s attempt to dominate the Fall gaming season arrives this week in the form of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U. Platinum’s stylish witch has been given a second life by The Big N and the developer returned the favor by packaging the original Bayonetta with the sequel. Nintendo will also release a pair of smaller 3DS titles this week: Fantasy Life, an RPG/life simulation hybrid, and Pokemon Art Academy, a drawing game starring Pikachu.
Also available this week is the futuristic Civilization: Beyond Earth for the PC. Firaxis designed the game as a spiritual successor to the popular Alpha Centauri, which is something fans of the franchise have been asking for for a long time.
Speaking of franchises we haven’t seen in a long time… Ubisoft will bring Just Dance 2015 to the PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, and Xbox One this week. That “long time” comment was a joke, by the way. What’s not a joke is the return of Harmonix, who are back with a new music game of their own, the Disney-inspired Fantasia: Music Evolved for the Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Finally this week, Telltale Games will release The Walking Dead Season 2 for the PS4 and Xbox One. Get your cleaning cloth ready, those tear-stained controllers won’t clean themselves.
A complete list of this week’s new releases can be found after the break. (more…)
Ubisoft is putting out another Just Dance game this Fall and today they’ve unveiled the game’s complete soundtrack. The enture track list can be found after the break and you’ll probably be quite happy if you like musicians such as Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Icona Pop, and Charli XCX. Oh, and Pharrell’s “Happy” is on the list too.
Just Dance 2015 will be released for the PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, and Xbox One on October 21. (more…)
Just in case you were unsure that Ubisoft’s mega-selling dancing franchise would not have another iteration, Just Dance 2015 was announced at Ubisoft’s E3 Press Conference. It will include Pharrell Williams’ “Happy” and it’ll be available this October.
Ubisoft has also revealed Just Dance Now. In a big change to the series, Just Dance Now uses your smartphone and any Internet-connected device to display the game. Then you use the phone’s accelerometer to dance. Honestly, that’s some pretty cool tech.