Mortal Kombat 10 is in development and will be released alongside next film adaptation
Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn, Trials Fusion, Beyond: Two Souls, more added to PS Store
Tales of Zestiria, Tales of Xillia 2 US release announced by Namco Bandai
Hyper Light Drifter Hands-On Preview: Like Playing a Dream
See BioWare developers working on Mass Effect 4
First PS4 trailer of MLB 14: The Show slides home
Your TitanFall is ready to be the best-selling game of March 2014
Next-Generation Sales Update: PS4 at 7 million sold versus Xbox One at 5 million shipped
Nintendo Download: Super Mario Bros. 3, Lego The Hobbit, Golden Sun, more
The PAXpocalypse List: The Best of PAX East 2014
Recent Articles: Lego Lord of the Rings
Welcome to Warp Zoned’s second annual Golden Pixel Awards. It was definitely a good year for gaming. With the fight over Mass Effect 3‘s ending, the resurrection of Sleeping Dogs, and the launch of the Wii U, we were treated to 12 months of interesting stories.
So sit back and relax as we reward the best (and worst) games of 2012 with a series of accolades based on their rather unique accomplishments.
The Apocalypse List
The bombs have fallen, the economy has collapsed, food is scarce, the zombie hordes are scratching at your door, and you’ve boarded yourself up in a bunker that’ll stand for a hundred years. What better way to spend your time in “The Vault” than by playing Warp Zoned’s favorite games from 2012? It doesn’t matter if you call it a “Top Ten List” or “Our Favorites From 2012,” but these are the games we plan to keep playing even if there was no game industry to keep making games. (more…)
Ready for another weekly dose of new PlayStation downloads? Here’s what’s new on the PlayStation Store this week…
- Lego Lord of the Rings (PS3) – Just in time for your Hobbit after-viewing party comes the Lego version of Tolkien’s trilogy.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) – Batman’s first adventure inside Arkham is now on the PS Store.
- Kareteka (PS3) – Martial arts remake from the creator of Prince of Persia.
- Zombie Driver HD (PS3) – Overhead driving game where you have to… drive over zombies!
- Bully, Red Dead Revolver, and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix – A trio of Rockstar-published PS2 Classics.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita) – Sonic and company are back for another round of racing.
Nintendo seems to have really gotten the hang of this digital download thing since the release of the Wii U. The consolemaker has added 13 games to their quartet of download services today as well as the first Wii U demo (FIFA Soccer 13).
This week’s biggest new releases can be found on the 3DS eShop: Lego Lord of the Rings and Scribblenauts Unlimited. Also available this week is Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning, Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition, Murder on the Titanic, and the NES favorite Mighty Bomb Jack.
More information on all of these games (as well as new DSiWare, Wii Shop, and Wii U eShop titles) can be found after the break. (more…)
It’s the second week of November and that means that Activision is finally ready to release Call of Duty: Black Ops II for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. A Vita-exclusive spinoff, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, will also be available in stores this week.
If the future warfare of the biggest first person shooter series on the planet doesn’t sway you, there are plenty of other family-friendly options this week including Lego Lord of the Rings (PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Scribblenauts Unlimited (3DS), and Wonderbook: Book of Spells (PS3).
And if you’re looking for something as far removed from Call of Duty as possible, might I suggest the Midway Arcade Origins compilation for the PS3 and Xbox 360. It contains over 30 games, including classics such as Rampage, Joust, and Smash TV, which was cruelly pulled from the Xbox Live Arcade a few years back and is now available on HD systems once again.
Even more new releases can be found after the break. (more…)
The Fall gaming rush is definitely in full swing now as nearly 50 new games will make their way onto store shelves next week. Here are the highlights:
- Ubisoft’s time travelling trilogy comes to a close with Assassin’s Creed III (PC, PS3, Xbox 360) and its Vita-exclusive side story, Assassins Creed III: Liberation.
- Criterion recreates the classic Need For Speed game Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Vita).
- Your yearly dose of video wrasslin’ returns to the PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 thanks to THQ’s WWE ’13.
- Fly you fools… And be sure to check out Lego Lord of the Rings (3DS, DS, PS3, Vita, Wii, Xbox 360).
- The Underrated Zone of the Enders series has been remade for HD consoles and repackaged as Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3, Xbox 360).
- Finally, Level-5′s Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask makes it way to the 3DS today. So that’s cool.
Hit the jump for a complete detailing of this week’s new releases. (more…)
My precious has shrunk down to handheld size as a 3DS demo of Lego Lord of the Rings is now available on the 3DS eShop as part of today’s Nintendo Download. If you’re looking for a more full game experience, five titles also made their way to Nintendo’s three download services today:
Mario Golf (3DS eShop) - The stakes are high in the race to become the Grand Champion of golf. Four Club Champs stand in your way, and you’ll have to defeat them all to get a shot at playing the most famous golfer in the land.
Crazy Kangaroo (3DS eShop) - A groundbreaking, super-addictive and unbelievably cute platform game from Gamelion that delivers pure awesomeness!
Nurikabe by Nikoli (3DS eShop) - In this super popular puzzle, black spaces and white spaces slowly come together to show their true form. “Nurikabe” is a puzzle in which you refer to the arranged numbers to fill in all of the spaces.
Robot Rescue 2 (DSiWare) - Your mission is to navigate a cadre of codependent robots through an evil computer labyrinth that’s brimming with deadly traps. At certain points you’ll need to repaint your robots by stepping on a special tile in order to change their color.
The Last Blade 2 (Wii Virtual Console) - The Last Blade 2, originally released in 1998, is the sequel to the fighting game, The Last Blade, which was released a year before. It picks up where the previous title left off and takes the story of battling at the gates of hell to its climax. This time around, there are 16 unique swordsmen from which to choose.
I am freaking out over how excited I am about Borderlands 2 coming out at midnight tonight. Please don’t expect me to be coherent for a few days. I’m going to be destroying everything I see in Pandora for at least the first 24 hours. I’m playing it on the PlayStation 3, which seems to be depressing some of my friends, but oh well. I’m doing this! I’m making it happen.
Interested in playing with my friends and me while we wreak havoc across the planet? Leave a comment here or tweet at us (@WarpZoned) and tell me why you think you’re worth it. The luckiest person will get an invite to my PSN friends list and can see how pathetic my trophy collection really is.
Amazon’s got a few deals today:
- 20% off Darksiders II
- $50 off Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel
- Get a $10 credit for pre-ordering Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
- $10 credit also available for pre-ordering Lego Lord of the Rings!
Sadly, this Monday brings us only two t-shirts! (more…)