Call of Duty: Zombies comic book miniseries will launch in October
It’s In Your Blood: A History of Horror Games (Part Four)
Pokemon Company CEO confirms Pokemon game is in development for the Nintendo NX
The Big List of Nintendo NX Games: September 2016 Update
Daily Scoop: September 20, 2016 - The Sims 3 on sale at Steam
New Retail Releases: Forza Horizon 3, FIFA 17, Yo-Kai Watch 2, More
No Man’s Sky Review: Lost in Space
Xbox Store Today: Virginia, The Bunker, Eventide Slavic Fable
Doom’s “Free Update 3” adds Deathmatch, Private Matches, and Custom Matches
Daily Scoop: September 23, 2016 – Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on sale at Steam
- Love Warp Zoned?
SUPPORT US HERE
All Articles: LittleBigPlanet Vita
I was curled up in a ball crying by the end of the LittleBigPlanet 3 presentation at this year’s E3. I had thought about the game, but assumed it was really, really far away, or maybe not even being made at all. To be shocked with people playing it on a giant screen practically made me hyperventilate. I had pretty much the same exact reaction when Sony announced on the PlayStation Blog that LBP3 would be released November 18. That’s THIS November.
LittleBigPlanet will be released simultaneously for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, and there are tons of pre-order bonuses you can get – Sackboy plushies are just one of them (if you place your order at Target, he’ll be wearing a Target hat). Everyone who orders on PS4 will get a special Dragon Age: Inquisition costume pack. And then there are three other special packs – Mythical Creatures come with GameStop pre-orders, you’ll get Hidden Creatures at Best Buy, and my personal favorite is Amazon’s – the PlayStation Favorites. It includes the traveler from Journey! Oh, infinite squees.
They’re not leaving out the digital-only buyers, either. Those players get a special LittleBigPlanet 3 T-Shirt Pack, which they can start using right away in LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet Vita, and LittleBigPlanet Karting.
I’m so excited I could cry a little. I can’t wait to meet Sackboy’s buddies on November 18th!
Even if there were replacement referees judging a contest between the PlayStation Store, the Xbox Live Marketplace, and the Wii Shop, Sony would come out way ahead. And they proved why again today by dumping a massive quantity of quality games onto the PlayStation Store. All told, 17 new games are now available on the download service, and here’s a few highlights, starting with one of the greatest games of all time:
- After a slight delay, Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto III joins the store as part of the PS2 Classics line.
- FIFA Soccer 13 corner kicks its way onto the store in three different versions (PS3, PSP, and Vita).
- It’s the end of the world as we know it, but the animals found in the Tokyo Jungle (PSN) are cool with that.
- The futuristic Starhawk (PS3) is now available to download in both a full version and a special multiplayer only edition.
- EA’s underappreciated classic, Mirror’s Edge (PS3), is also available to download.
- A pair of fighting games, Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins (PSN) and Dead or Alive 5 (PS3) will battle it out for your affections.
- The absolutely insane Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit would make a hell of a download.
- And LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is now available to download, wait for it, on the PS Vita.
Jack Tretton discussed some of the cross-platform possibilities between the PlayStation 3 and the Vita, and announced that LittleBigPlanet Vita will be one of those games. There will be cross-platform DLC, including stickers and levels, and level-building will be available in both. Sackboy is now officially going to be everywhere with me.
Everyone knew LittleBigPlanet would be coming to PlayStation Vita, but it was hard to imagine exactly what that entailed. With the touch screen interaction, it’s easier than ever to play, create, and share in the LittleBigPlanet world. The game will have all the tools from LittleBigPlanet 2, and players will have full access to their costumes from the PlayStation 3 games.
No word on any release dates so far for any of the Vita games.