Call of Duty: Zombies comic book miniseries will launch in October
The Big List of Nintendo NX Games: September 2016 Update
No Man's Sky Review: Lost in Space
Bplus is also bringing Puzzle Box to the Nintendo NX
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Telltale will release The Complete Adventure for Minecraft: Story Mode at retailers on October 25
Kickstart This! Magicland
Nidhogg II coming to PC and “maybe some other platforms” in 2017
Daily Scoop: September 29, 2016 – Tom Clancy’s The Division on sale at Steam
Nintendo Download: Yo-Kai Watch 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Sonic Boom Fire & Ice, more
- Love Warp Zoned?
SUPPORT US HERE
All Articles: MLB 13: The Show
According to The NPD Group’s accounting of the best-selling games from April 2013, NetherRealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us delivered a superhero-sized punch to the competition last month. The Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U fighter zoomed into the top spot, ahead of another April release, Deep Silver’s Dead Island: Riptide. Other new releases were mostly shut out of the top ten, but Defiance, an MMO shooter based on the Syfy show of the same name, managed to make it to the fifth spot.
Bioshock Infinite continues to sell strong, rounding out the top three, and a pair of 3DS-exclusive games scared up spots in the top ten: Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (#6) and Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (#9).
The full top ten list for April 2013 can be found right here:
1. Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U)
2. Dead Island: Riptide (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
3. Bioshock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
5. Defiance (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
6. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
7. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
8. Skylanders Giants (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
9. Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS)
10. MLB 13: The Show (PS3, Vita)
Good news everyone! The NPD Group (via Game Informer) has released their report on the best-selling games of March 2013 and they’ve confirmed that total game sales saw a 2% increase over March 2012. That’s the first year-over-year increase since November 2011. So good job game-buying public!
BioShock Infinite was the top-selling game of the month, just ahead of Square Enix’s Tomb Raider reboot. New games dominated the list as eight of the top ten titles were released in March. Only Call of Duty: Black Ops II and NBA 2K13 managed to fight through the new release wave to earn a spot in the top ten.
Here’s the complete list of the top ten best-selling games in March 2013:
1. BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
2. Tomb Raider (Xbox 360, PS3)
3. Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360)
4. God of War: Ascension (PS3)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
6. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
7. MLB 13: The Show (PS3, Vita)
8. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
9. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U)
10. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Alright, after a few slow weeks, we’ve got a much more substantial list of new releases this week.
Leading the pack is Crystal Dynamics’ Tomb Raider reboot. The game travels back to Lara’s first adventure and looks to be more of a survival tale than a hunt for shiny babble #23. It’ll be available for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 and it definitely looks interesting.
Another interesting entry in this week’s new release list is SimCity. The last game in series, 2007’s SimCity Societies, made quite a few changes to the standard SimCity mechanic. SimCity, while not technically a “reboot,” will attempt to bring back the franchise’s familiar feel.
Also available this week this is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate, the 3DS interquel set between Lords of Shadow and the upcoming Lords of Shadow 2. Namco Bandai will also bring Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk exclusively to the PS3 this week.
A complete list of this week’s new releases can be found after the break. (more…)
Andrew McCutchen, the center fielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates, has been selected by fans as the cover athlete for Sony’s upcoming baseball sim, MLB 13: The Show.
With 108,148 total votes, “Cutch” annihilated the competition, finishing with almost 20,000 votes more than the second place C.C. Sabathia. The rest of the vote totals shook out like so:
3rd: Miguel Cabrera
4th: Matt Kemp
5th: Bryce Harper
6th: Buster Posney
7th: Ryan Braun
Poor Ryan Braun only only got 13,153 votes. Guess they don’t play a lot of PlayStation in Milwaukee. Must be a Microsoft town.
MLB: The Show will be available for the PS3 and Vita on March 5.
Great news, baseball fans! Well, PlayStation baseball fans, at least. Sony announced the launch of the “Major League Baseball (MLB)13 Cover Showdown” yesterday, in which fans will vote for which baseball star will grace the cover of the upcoming MLB 13 The Show. Voting will run from January 7 until January 11 at mlb.mlb.com/covervote, through which you can Facebook or Tweet your choice. You can also vote straight from Twitter with the players’ hashtag. Here is the list of players you can vote for:
- Ryan Braun (Milwaukee Brewers – five-time All-Star, 2007 National League Rookie of the Year, and 2011 National League Most Valuable Player award winner) – #MLB13Braun
- Miguel Cabrera (Detroit Tigers – seven-time All-Star, 2012 American League Most Valuable Player award winner, and the first Triple Crown Award winner since 1967) – #MLB13Cabrera
- Bryce Harper (Washington Nationals – All-Star and 2012 National League Rookie of the Year award winner) – #MLB13Harper
- Matt Kemp (Los Angeles Dodgers – two-time All-Star) #MLB13Kemp
- Andrew McCutchen (Pittsburgh Pirates – two-time All-Star) – #MLB13Cutch
- Buster Posey (San Francisco Giants – 2012 World Series Champion, one-time All-Star, 2012 National League Most Valuable Player award winner, and 2010 National League Rookie of the Year award winner) – #MLB13Buster
- CC Sabathia (New York Yankees – six-time All-Star as well as the 2007 American League Cy Young award winner) – #MLB13CC
Fans can vote once a day for their favorite player. The player with the most votes will get his mug on the cover of MLB 13 The Show, which will be available on PlayStation 3 and the Vita. New features will include Playoff Mode, which will somehow recreate the “excitement and tension of October baseball.” Hmm. Unless they can make my living room fall-crisp, and include a rally hat with each game, I’m skeptical at best. There will also be a new Beginner Mode to help new players, and a streamlined Play Now Mode which promises “faster and simpler games.”
Who’s ready for some baseball?!?!?
The season may have just ended a few weeks ago, but are you ready to play ball in 2013? Sony hopes so as the publisher announced today that MLB 13: The Show will be released for the PS3 and Vita on March 5, 2013.
In previous years, the franchise has employed David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia, David Wright, Ryan Howard, Joe Mauer, and Adrian Gonzalez as cover athletes. For MLB 13, Sony has decided to pull an EA and use a “Cover Campaign” to decide the game’s spokesman. The voting will begin shortly after January 1st.
Sony and their San Diego Studio plan to add a bunch of new features to MLB 13: The Show as well as revamp some old favorites. Here’s what they’re willing to share so far:
Nothing compares to Postseason baseball. That’s why The Show offers an All-New Playoff Mode, which includes an in-stadium atmosphere that replicates the excitement and tension of October baseball. The experience is unrivalled by anything The Show has ever exhibited.
Other new features include a completely new beginner mode and instructional enhancements that make The Show the best pick-up and play baseball experience available. In addition, the improved Play Now mode streamlines gameplay, for faster and simpler games. San Diego Studios has also revamped The Show’s Franchise and Road To The Show modes with expanded options and new gameplay experiences.
Remember, it’s only 77 days until pitchers and catchers report.