So Did Anyone "Win" the 2017 E3 Expo?
EA Sports will release Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18, NHL 18, NBA Live 18, UFC 3 this year
New Retail Releases: Ever Oasis, Runbow Pocket, Dead By Daylight, More
Nintendo Download: Ever Oasis, RPG Maker Fes, Fatal Fury 2, more
Gun Media is adding Jason's retro-tastic purple-and-blue look to Friday the 13th
Ubisoft unveils the first in-engine gameplay demo for Beyond Good and Evil 2
EA unveils NHL 18 gameplay trailer and cover athlete Connor McDavid
Nintendo Download: Ever Oasis, RPG Maker Fes, Fatal Fury 2, more
The Adventure Log: What Happened on June 20 and June 21, 2017
Xbox Store Today: Dead By Daylight, MXGP 3, Dungeon Defenders II, more
All Articles: NBA Live 18
EA Sports is ready for the NBA Live franchise to deliver another full court press, as the publisher used their EA Play event to unveil NBA Live 18 ahead of this year’s E3 Expo.
The centerpiece of NBA Live 18 is a retooled Career Mode known as “The One,” which lets players fight for playing time and prestige in pickup games and the NBA:
Your path is defined by the choices you make with the freedom to play how you want, with whom you want, and where the respect you earn in The Streets matters just as much as the rings you earn in The League.
Instantly play in real-time, uniquely crafted Live Events offering new challenges and rewards all year long within Solo, Co-op, and Multiplayer.
This brief introduction is just the beginning, EA Sports will bring “The One” to fans this August with a special NBA Live 18 demo that’ll be available to download through the PlayStation Store and Xbox Games Store. You can learn more about “The One” at the game’s official website, and a second Walkthrough Trailer for the mode can be found after the break.
NBA Live 18 is currently in development for the PS4 and Xbox One, but no release date was announced. (more…)
The 2017 E3 Expo will unofficially begin this weekend, when Electronic Arts opens the doors to “EA Play 2017,” their E3 Press Conference. EA Play 2017 will feature eight new titles, and it can be viewed online at EA.com or Twitch beginning on Saturday, June 10, at 3:00 PM (Eastern Time).
So what will EA talk about during their 90 minutes in the spotlight? In addition to a closer look at six previously-announced blockbusters, the publisher plans to unveil “more surprises,” including at least two never-before-seen projects. The six games currently confirmed for EA Play 2017 are:
EA Play 2017 Lineup
- Star Wars: Battlefront II – Featuring all Star Wars eras, a single player campaign and epic scale multiplayer battles, Star Wars: Battlefront II presents the most robust Star Wars game to date. The game is developed in partnership with three powerhouse studios: DICE, Motive Studios and Criterion Games, each with a rich background of creating award-winning games.
- FIFA 18 – Powered by Frostbite, FIFA 18 blurs the line between the virtual and real worlds, bringing to life the heroes, teams, and atmospheres of the world’s game.
- Madden NFL 18 – With Frostbite, the spectacle of NFL gameday comes alive delivering photorealistic players, crowds and stadiums, and introduces an all-new mode to the Madden NFL franchise.
- NBA Live 18 – Delivering gameplay innovations and a brand-new way to play with “The One,” NBA Live returns with an experience completely centered around a player’s individual journey.
- Need For Speed Payback – This explosive adventure is filled with intense heist missions, high stakes car battles, epic cop pursuits and jaw dropping set pieces. It’s blockbuster gameplay never before seen from the series, fueled by a gripping story of betrayal and revenge. With Need for Speed Payback, it’s about building the perfect ride, getting behind the wheel and playing out an action driving fantasy.
- Battlefield 1 – It’s a Summer of Battlefield including the entry of the Russian Army and the biggest front of WW1 in Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow-covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.
EA Play 2017 will be followed by a second livestream that includes further details about the all-new “Nivelle Nights” map in Battlefield 1 Need For Speed Payback, Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18, and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
If you’re going to be in Los Angeles for this weekend, you can attend the EA Play FanFest at the Hollywood Palladium to play any (or all) of games. More than 150 demo stations will be available, and tickets are free (but limited). You can learn more about how to attend the EA Play FanFest at the event’s official website.
EA’s EA Play event at E3 2017 will include Star Wars: Battlefront 2, a new Need For Speed, FIFA 18, Madden NFL 18, and more
Electronic Arts has announced that they’ll once again play host to EA Play, their E3-adjacent mini-conference, in Los Angeles this June.
The publisher will take over the Hollywood Palladium from June 10th through the 12th, and tickets will go on sale at noon (Eastern Time) on April 20. EA also wants to connect to their fans who can’t make it to LA, and they’re planning to broadcast multiple live reports from the show floor at EA.com.
EA Play will give in-person attendees and viewers at home a first look at the publisher’s upcoming slate of games including Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Need For Speed 2017, Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18, and NBA Live 18.
And as you might have guessed, several surprise announcements are also being lined up for EA Play.
There’s no need to panic… EA Sports will indeed release a full slate of sports simulations in 2017.
CEO Andrew Wilson shared the completely unsurprising news during EA’s quarterly financial report earlier this week, and he seems particularly proud of the enhancements planned for FIFA 18, including an expanded new storyline for “The Journey”:
FIFA 18 will build on the foundation we created with Story Mode this year, bringing players back to “The Journey” with Season 2, featuring new characters and new storylines. Our development team in Vancouver is delivering deeply innovative new experiences across this year’s game, including an Ultimate Team, and creating the most emotionally immersive and connected FIFA we have ever produced.
Wilson also announced that development of the Madden franchise will finally transition to the Frostbite Engine with Madden NFL 18:
Our Madden NFL franchise will transition to the Frostbite Engine with Madden NFL 18, unlocking major visual advancements and new gameplay experiences that will excite dedicated Madden players, football fans, and sports fans overall.
The executive closed the EA Sports portion of his report with confirmation that EA Sports UFC 3 is set to be released sometime in 2017, while NHL 18 and the “all new” NBA Live 18 will be released in the Fall.