EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Electronic Arts reiterates that Battlefield 6 and Anthem are coming in 2018
10 Actors We Think Could Play Link in The Legend of Zelda TV Series
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time: An Introduction and The Top 100
Romancing SaGa 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, It’s Quiz Time, more added to Xbox Store
Nintendo will release Pokemon Crystal for the 3DS on January 26
Call of Duty: WWII leads a huge month for game sales as best-selling game of Nov. 2017
Enter the Gungeon, Yooka-Laylee, Romancing SaGa 2, more coming to Nintendo eShop this week
Here’s a trailer for the season finale of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2… which launches on December 19
All Articles: New Super Mario Bros.
It’s Thursday, so that means it’s time for another edition of the Nintendo Download. Eight new games will call the Nintendo eShop home this week. Some of this week’s new releases include…
- The first game in Nintendo’s side-scrolling New Super Mario Bros. series makes the leap from the DS to the Wii U.
- Capcom continues their Mega May promotion with the launch of Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue/White, which was originally released for the Game Boy Advance, on the Wii U eShop.
- The first game based on the popular Attack on Titan anime, Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains, has been added to the 3DS eShop.
- Stretchmo is the latest game in Nintendo’s Pushmo series of puzzlers. Available now on the 3DS, players have the option to play a free-to-play version limited to the first seven levels or they can purchase additional level packs individually or as a bundle.
More information on all these titles (and four others) can be found after the break. (more…)
The NPD Group has revealed the top ten bestselling games for the month of July and NCAA Football 12 jumped to the head of the class. None of the rest of the month’s new releases managed to crack the list (including the awesome Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon or the alluring Catherine). Even the heavily-hyped Duke Nukem Forever was unable to maintain its place in the top ten.
With few new releases, only 17 titles were released during the month, gamers spent their money on other things in July. According to The NPD Group’s Anita Frazier, July was the “lowest month [for game sales] since October 2006.”
Maybe that’ll show publishers that the gaming community is pretty desperate for new games in the Summer. So maybe they shouldn’t backload every worthwhile game into the September-November period. In the meantime, check out the full top ten after the break. (more…)
The Nintendo DS Lite is getting a price cut down to $99.99, making it ridiculously affordable. If there are any people left on this planet without a DS – aside from Jack Tretton – they should seriously consider this the best time to hop in with both feet. All five of the people without a DS already, that is.
On top of that, Nintendo will also be changing the packaging of six of the Mario games that “represent some of the best-selling fan-favorite Nintendo DS games of all time.” The games will now come in red packaging, making them easy to identify. Those six games are:
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story
- Mario Kart DS
- Mario Party DS
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario 64 DS
No word on whether or not the red packaging will also come with a price drop as well. As for me, well, I’ve got a DS… and a DS Lite… and a DSi… errr, and a 3DS. But if there was any way I could get this beauty for $99.99, I would do it in a heartbeat.