10 Actors We Think Could Play Victor "Sully" Sullivan in the Uncharted Movie
New Retail Releases: Ultra Street Fighter II, Disgaea 5 Complete, Rime, More
Weekend Pipeline: 5/19/17 – Steam Sales With a Shot of Overwatch
Blizzard announces Overwatch Anniversary event, an upcoming Free Weekend, and Game of the Year Edition
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Daily Scoop: May 23, 2017 – Big Microsoft Sale at Xbox Games Store
Nintendo announces schedule for Arms Global Testpunch
2K Games officially announces a Fall 2017 release for WWE 2K18
Spider-Man’s Tom Holland will star as a young Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie
The Adventure Log: What Happened on May 22, 2017
All Articles: Project Root
Steel thy Shovel, gentle knave, for Shovel Knight is now available to download on the Xbox One. Yacht Club’s retro-inspired platformer will also include an appearance by the long-lost Battletoads, who will challenge Shovel Knight in a special boss battle hidden somewhere on the game’s map. And here’s something else you’ll dig… the game will receive a free expansion, Plague of Shadows, in the coming weeks, as well as two more updates before the end of the year.
Also available for the Xbox One this week is State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition, an updated and enhanced version of Undead Labs’ zombie survival simulation. In addition to a fancy new graphical presentation, the package also includes both of the game’s downloadable expansions.
One last Xbox One release this week is Project Root, a shoot ’em up developed by OPQAM.
Finally, Ubisoft has added a video game adaptation of Risk on the Xbox 360 side of the Xbox Games Store. Players will be able to use the 2010 rules as they attempt to crush their opponents in the game of “Global Domination.”
More information about all of these new releases can be found after the break. (more…)
Sony has delivered another update to the PlayStation Store and it came packed with a dozen new games. Here’s what you can download on your PS3, PS4, and PS Vita today…
- Double Fine has released Broken Age for the PS4 and PS Vita as a Cross-Buy title. PlayStation players won’t have to do any waiting as both halves of the adventure game are now available on the PlayStation Store.
- Project Root is this week’s other PS4/PS Vita Cross-Buy release. It’s a retro-styled shoot ’em up developed by the Argentina-based OPQAM.
- Omega Quintet is a PS4 RPG that stars a five-piece girl group who battle “the dark forces of the world” with their music.
- And speaking of dark forces, a quartet of Star Wars games from the PS2 era are now available to download just in time for “May the Fourth Be With You.” The PS3 section of the store is now home to Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: Starfighter, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, and Star Wars: Racer Revenge.
- Finally, El Presidente dictates that he’s available on the PS4 for the first time in Tropico 5.
More information on all of these games (and a few others) can be found after the break. And a complete rundown of this week’s new game add-ons and discounts can be found at the PlayStation Blog. (more…)
OPQAM has announced their overhead shooter, Project Root, will be released for the PS4, Xbox One, and Vita on April 28. If you’re a PlayStation gamer, you’ll be able to pick it up on both the PS4 and Vita with one purchase through Sony’s Cross-Buy program.
In Project Root, gamers will take on the role of rebel ace Lance Rockport who pilots the advanced F-72 Zonda hover fighter against the ruthless Prometheus Corporation. Taking place across eight different, huge and open levels, Project Root has players taking on enemies both in the air and on the ground, progressing with upgrades in firepower, armor and maneuverability. Gamers will utilize special weapon drops during battle, constantly evade a hell-storm of bullets and other projectiles, engage in frenetic boss battles, and strike at the root of the evil Prometheus Corporation bent on world domination.
Pablo Testa, the Technical Director at OPQAM, is ready to bring the formerly PC-exclusive game to console players: “We are extremely proud of our first game, and think that SHMUP fans, and anyone who enjoys a fast-paced and action-packed videogame, will have a lot of fun with Project Root.”