EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
From Software's "Shadows Die Twice" might be a new Tenchu game
WWE 2K18, The End Is Nigh, Floor Kids, more coming to Nintendo eShop this week
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time: An Introduction and The Top 100
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Overwatch’s “Winter Wonderland” event begins today
Life Is Strange will be released for iOS devices this week
Bandai Namco delays Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom again… this time to March 23, 2018
Nintendo sells TEN MILLION Switch consoles in first nine months
New Retail Releases: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Resident Evil 7 Gold, Okami HD, More
All Articles: RBI Baseball 15
Microsoft isn’t kidding around and plans to add three new games to the Xbox Games Store today. All three are available for the Xbox One and they are…
- RBI Baseball 15 is the second retro-inspired re-do by MLB Advanced Media. This year’s edition offers more options than before and every Major League Baseball player.
- Neverwinter is the Xbox One’s first free-to-play MMO. Based on the “Forgotten Realms” Dungeons & Dragons campaign, players will be able to “explore the vast city of Neverwinter” and “battle its many enemies.”
- Pool Nation FX is a billiards simulator from Cherry Pop Games.
More information on all three games can be found after the break. (more…)
It’s another big week for the PlayStation Store as Sony’s Spring Fever promotion continues to roll on with Axiom Verge, a “Metroidvania” that was created by a single developer (Tom Happ) over the course of the last five years.
The side-scrolling adventure game is joined this week by a pair of baseball games: Sony’s more modern MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS4, Vita) and MLB Advanced Media’s retro-styled RBI Baseball 15 (PS4).
Also available today is Toukiden: Kiwami, a new monster-hunting game for the PS4 and Vita. It’s developed by Omega Force (the Dynasty Warriors people) and it’s published by Koei Tecmo. Toukiden: Kiwami is actually an enhanced re-release of Toukiden: The Age of Demons, which was released for the Vita last year.
More information on all of these games (and a few other new releases) can be found after the break. And, as always, a complete rundown of this week’s new game add-ons and discounts can be found at the PlayStation Blog. (more…)
Polygon is reporting that MLB Advanced Media’s RBI Baseball 15 will be released for the PS4 and Xbox One on March 31. That means the retro-styled sports game will be going head-to-head with Sony’s MLB 15: The Show, which will also launch on the last day of this month.
Last year’s game, RBI Baseball 14, was a stripped-down sports game that kept things simple. A little too simple, we thought at the time. While still not a modern simulation, RBI 15 will add in several features absent from RBI 14 including full team rosters, stat tracking, and online multiplayer.
RBI Baseball 15 is also in development for the PC and mobile platforms, but MLB Advanced Media wasn’t ready to reveal a release date for those versions just yet.
MLB Advanced Media has announced that the RBI Baseball franchise will get a sophomore season on consoles, mobile devices, and the PC. The retro-inspired RBI Baseball 15 will be available to download this Spring for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One, as well as on iOS and Android devices.
Fans who picked up the first game were quite vocal about its many flaws, and MLB Advanced Media has promised to incorporate this feedback into the sequel. That means redone graphics, full stat tracking, customizable rosters, and several other new features:
- Ballparks: Completely redesigned authentic Major League ballparks for all 30 franchises, each crafted with detailed design characteristics fans will easily recognize.
- Full Rosters: Play with complete 25-man Major League rosters for all 30 teams, modifying your batting order or pitching rotation at any point. Set the active 25-man roster from each franchise’s 40-man roster.
- Stat Tracking: Track batting and pitching statistics in season mode for the first time ever, including viewable team, player and season league leaderboards.
- Online Play: Choose to play in online multiplayer mode in friendly and ranked games.
- Gameplay Settings: Pick your competition level with Easy, Medium, or Hard difficulty levels.
Even though RBI Baseball 15 is a download-only title, Chicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo has signed on as the game’s “cover athlete.” MLB Advanced Media has also signed future Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez to serve as a pitchman for the game.