EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
From Software's "Shadows Die Twice" might be a new Tenchu game
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time: An Introduction and The Top 100
Electronic Arts reiterates that Battlefield 6 and Anthem are coming in 2018
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Call of Duty: WWII leads a huge month for game sales as best-selling game of Nov. 2017
Enter the Gungeon, Yooka-Laylee, Romancing SaGa 2, more coming to Nintendo eShop this week
Here’s a trailer for the season finale of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2… which launches on December 19
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Okami HD, Night in the Woods, more added to Xbox Store
Image & Form will bring SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition to Switch on December 28
All Articles: Street Fighter IV
It’s Tuesday and the PlayStation Store is once again overflowing with new releases including…
- Capcom brings their famed Street Fighter series to the PS4 for the first time with Ultra Street Fighter IV.
- Capcom will also add the nearly forgotten Mega Man 8 to the PSone Classics section of the store this week.
- Telltale will continue their Game of Thrones adaptation on the PS3 and PS4 with Game of Thrones: Sons of Winter.
- Beloved mobile side-scroller Badland is now available on the PS3, PS4, and Vita as a Cross-Buy title.
- Magicka 2, an overhead action RPG, will cast its spell on the PS4.
- And finally, NASCAR 15 will turn right onto the PS3.
Sony and Capcom will release Ultra Street Fighter IV for the PS4 next week (exclusively through the PlayStation Store), so naturally they’ve served up a nifty new launch trailer for fans.
To prepare gamers for its release, Sony’s Gio Corso took over the PlayStation Blog to talk about all the enhancements Capcom added to the game’s PS4 debut. In addition to full support for PS4 and PS3 fight sticks, this enhanced edition of Ultra Street Fighter IV will include:
- Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 will be running at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second for all your fighting glory.
- The PS4 version of Ultra Street Fighter IV will also include all DLC launched up to this point, including the most recent Vacation and Wild costume packs.
- A few of you hardcore Street Fighters out there said that there was minor input lag in the controls of Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS3. Well, don’t worry: We’ve eliminated it to make the PS4 edition the ultimate version on any platform!
- The price is $24.99.
That “all DLC launched up to this point” bullet worries me, but Capcom wouldn’t be Capcom if they weren’t working on still more content for the latest game in their famed fighting series.
Capcom and Sony Computer Entertainment have announced (via the PlayStation Blog) that Ultra Street Fighter IV will be released for the PS4 on May 26.
Sony’s Gio Corsi reconfirmed that the new-generation version of Ultra Street Fighter IV will include all of the previously released downloadable content as well as a fix for the input lag that plagued the PS3 version. The consolemaker is also touting the PS4 edition as “the ultimate version on any platform,” so I wouldn’t expect any kind of Super Mega Hyper Extra-Ultra Edition to launch ahead of Street Fighter V next year.
Speaking of Street Fighter V, it’s still on track for a Spring 2016 release, exclusively on the PS4 and PC.
Capcom has announced that Ultra Street Fighter IV is coming to new-generation consoles exclusively on the PlayStation 4. This edition will include every previous update to the Street Fighter IV series including every extra character, all of the costume DLC, and potentially some carpal tunnel.
The game is set to drop in Spring 2015.
Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Swapper, more added to PS Store
Sony has dropped eight new games onto the PlayStation Store, so get for another punching, platforming, and shooting good time. This week’s big new releases include…
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept (PS4), a standalone shooter based on the “Intercept” co-op mode from Killzone: Shadow Fall.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3), is the fourth (and presumably final) update for Street Fighter IV. It adds five new fighters to the game as well as a variety of balance tweaks.
- The Swapper (PS3/PS4/Vita Cross-Buy), is this week’s “PlayStation Store Play” selection and it tasks players with navigating a sci-fi world by cloning themselves into new locations.
- Metrico (Vita), is another puzzle platformer, but this one is set in a world of charts and graphs.
- Sacred 3 (PS3), the latest entry in the hack and slash franchise, which has shifted over to a new developer in Keen Games.
It’s name isn’t quite as ridiculous as Super Duper Street Fighter IV, but Capcom will release Ultra Street Fighter IV this week. The publisher claims that PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 game will be the final Street Fighter IV update, but you can never can tell with Capcom.
Also this week, Deep Silver will release the action RPG Sacred 3 for the PS3 and and Xbox 360. In a surprising reversal from the usual “delay delay delay” that most game publishers specialize in, the release of Sacred 3 was actually pushed up multiple times. You gotta hand it to Deep Silver, they seem to have their stuff together.
Finally this week, the video game adaptation of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie will be released exclusively for the 3DS by Activision. The trailers for the new movie frighten and confuse me and I don’t think I even knew this game existed until last week sometime. But if the movie somehow turns out to be a shell of a surprise, we can all go back and check out the tie-in game.
Capcom announced its awesome lineup for E3 2014, and the list is pretty awesome. They’ll have Dead Rising 3 for PC; Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on iOS; Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy for the 3DS; Ultra Street Fighter IV for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360; and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS. You can probably tell what I’m most excited for by which image I chose!
Capcom will also be showing off Capcom Pro Tour, which is referred to as “the premier league destination for competitive fighting games.” The yearlong tournament circuit will lead up to the Capcom Cup, which will have 16 players facing off against one another.
For the full press release of Capcom’s E3 offerings, hit the jump. (more…)
If you own Super Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Capcom wants to let you know (via the embedded launch trailer above) that you can now download the Ultra Street Fighter IV digital upgrade for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The upgrade is priced at $14.99 and includes five new characters (Rolento, Elena, Hug, Poison, and Decapre), six new stages, and a bunch of balance tweaks.
The game also has the word “Ultra” in the title now and “Ultra” is clearly superior to “Super.”
The retail version of Ultra Street Fighter IV will be available for the PS3 and Xbox 360 on August 5. The PC edition (both the digital upgrade and a full game download) is set for release a few days after.