The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #17: Final Fantasy VII
New Retail Releases: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Dragon Quest Heroes II, More
Gun Media and Illfonic will release Friday the 13th: The Game on May 26
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time: An Introduction and The Top 100
EA Sports will release Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18, NHL 18, NBA Live 18, UFC 3 this year
Xbox Store Today: Little Nightmares, Alpha Mission II, Lost Grimoires
Get your first look at The Joker and Darkseid in these new trailers for Injustice 2
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 rated by Korean rating board
Daily Scoop: April 28, 2017 – Last chance for April’s Games With Gold and PS Plus freebies
Bandai Namco will bring Gundam Versus to the PS4 this Fall
All Articles: System Shock 3
It’s hard to get too excited over the official announcement for Otherside’s System Shock 3 project after “hackers” outed the game a week ago. But any news is good news, and here’s what we know now that the game is officially in the works:
- Paul Neurath, a lead developer on System Shock and System Shock 2, is a key member of the Otherside team.
- Nate Wells, a senior artist on System Shock 2, will return for the three-quel.
- Robb Waters, the lead concept artist on both System Shock games, will create a “next generation” look for antagonist AI SHODAN.
- Speaking of SHODAN, Terri Brosius will once again give a voice to the character in System Shock 3.
- Finally, System Shock 3 is currently “in the early concept stages” and we don’t yet know when it’ll be released or what platforms it’s in development for.
It’s pretty bare bones at the moment, but fans are encouraged to visit OthersideTease.com to learn more about System Shock 3 and to hear a special message from SHODAN herself.
Otherside Entertainment is a small team founded by Paul Neurath, one of the lead developers at Looking Glass Studios. You might remember Looking Glass as the former home of famed developers Warren Spector and Ken Levine, as well as the creator of System Shock. Oh, and speaking of System Shock, Otherside is apparently hard at work on System Shock 3 for rightsholder Night Dive Studios.
The System Shock franchise had been stuck in a state of legal limbo for more than a decade after the release of System Shock 2 in 1999, but Night Dive was able to obtain the rights to the series earlier this year. Night Dive and Otherside even launched a Countdown Page to celebrate their System Shock 3 announcement, but someone discovered the grand finale announcement and a mailing list signup form a tad early.
So that’s about all we know right now. Hopefully, more details about System Shock 3 will be revealed when the countdown ends in five days.