Quake Champions adds Sorlag, a dinosaur with a gun, to its character roster
New Retail Releases: Agents of Mayhem, Zero Time Dilemma PS4, Cities: Skylines PS4, More
10 Actors We Think Could Play Victor "Sully" Sullivan in the Uncharted Movie
Nintendo Download: Flip Wars, Severed, Sonic Mania (Tuesday), more
Yacht Club will bring Shovel Knight's King Knight campaign to PAX West 2017
Meet the “Twisted, Deadly Photographer” in the latest trailer for The Evil Within 2
Warp Zoned’s Adventure Log: What Happened on August 14 and August 15, 2017
PS Store This Week: Agents of Mayhem, Sonic Mania, Undertale, more
Hideki Kamiya believes Nier: Automata and Yoko Taro “saved” Platinum Games
Rumor: Okami HD is in the works for the PS4 and Xbox One
All Articles: System Shock 3
It’s hard to get too excited over the official announcement for Otherside’s System Shock 3 project after “hackers” outed the game a week ago. But any news is good news, and here’s what we know now that the game is officially in the works:
- Paul Neurath, a lead developer on System Shock and System Shock 2, is a key member of the Otherside team.
- Nate Wells, a senior artist on System Shock 2, will return for the three-quel.
- Robb Waters, the lead concept artist on both System Shock games, will create a “next generation” look for antagonist AI SHODAN.
- Speaking of SHODAN, Terri Brosius will once again give a voice to the character in System Shock 3.
- Finally, System Shock 3 is currently “in the early concept stages” and we don’t yet know when it’ll be released or what platforms it’s in development for.
It’s pretty bare bones at the moment, but fans are encouraged to visit OthersideTease.com to learn more about System Shock 3 and to hear a special message from SHODAN herself.
Otherside Entertainment is a small team founded by Paul Neurath, one of the lead developers at Looking Glass Studios. You might remember Looking Glass as the former home of famed developers Warren Spector and Ken Levine, as well as the creator of System Shock. Oh, and speaking of System Shock, Otherside is apparently hard at work on System Shock 3 for rightsholder Night Dive Studios.
The System Shock franchise had been stuck in a state of legal limbo for more than a decade after the release of System Shock 2 in 1999, but Night Dive was able to obtain the rights to the series earlier this year. Night Dive and Otherside even launched a Countdown Page to celebrate their System Shock 3 announcement, but someone discovered the grand finale announcement and a mailing list signup form a tad early.
So that’s about all we know right now. Hopefully, more details about System Shock 3 will be revealed when the countdown ends in five days.