EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
10 Actors We Think Could Play Victor "Sully" Sullivan in the Uncharted Movie
Sports! NBA 2K17, Madden 17, FIFA 17, NHL 17 are the best-selling games in September 2016
Pokken Tournament DX, SteamWorld Dig 2, Thimbleweed Park, more added to Nintendo eShop
WayForward unwraps first trailer for The Mummy Demastered… Snoop Dogg presents WWE 2K18’s roster in his unique style
Tumblestone arrives on Switch on October 5… Inside coming to the Switch soon
New Retail Releases: FIFA 18, Gundam Versus, Danganronpa V3, More
Project CARS 2, The Lego Ninjago Movie, Raiders of the Broken Planet, more added to Xbox Store
Vampyr delayed to Spring 2018… Final Fantasy XV’s multiplayer expansion will arrive on October 31
All Articles: Tetris Ultimate
Today’s PlayStation Store has a nice indie bent to it including multiple PS4 titles, a handful of PS3 games, and even a Vita game (though it’s the definitely-not-indie portable rendition of Tetris Ultimate from Ubisoft). So what else is new to the Store this week? Well…
- The Escapists brings its 8-bit jailbreak sim to the PS4.
- Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition, an RTS/fighting game hybrid, appears on the PS4 two years after its Xbox 360 debut.
- Class of Heroes 2G is an RPG that has finally made its way to America more than five years after its Japanese launch.
More information on all of these games (and a few others) can be found after the break. And a complete rundown of this week’s new game add-ons and discounts can be found at the PlayStation Blog. (more…)
As we close the book on May and its scant slate of new releases, we look ahead to June and find… another scant slate of new releases. Sigh.
This week, Blizzard is ready to roll out the full version of Heroes of the Storm, their entry into the crowded MOBA field. Also available as a Battle.net download for the PC, this “Starter Pack” will include five heroes (Sonya the Warrior, Zeratul the Assassin, Zagara the Specialist, Li Li the Support, and Jaina the Assassin) and a Golden Tiger Mount.
Also available this week is Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, a new strategy RPG for the 3DS from Marvelous and XSEED. Lord of Magna follows Luchs as he attempts to recruit seven maidens to save the world and battles enemies by literally bowling them over. Speaking of knocking things down, Ubisoft will also bring everyone’s favorite puzzle game to the Vita this week as Tetris Ultimate.
Finally, Rescue 2: Everyday Heroes is a firefighter sim for the PC and a sequel to Rescue 2013: Everyday Heroes.
Ubisoft has announced that Tetris Ultimate will make its new-generation debut next week. The latest game in the long-running game franchise will be available to download for the PS4 on December 16 while Xbox One owners will get a chance to purchase it a day later on December 17.
According to the UbiBlog, Tetris Ultimate will include a “multiplayer” option to play against AI opponents based on the play styles of your friends. These bots can be dropped into any of the game’s six gameplay modes:
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out your challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups!
- Go on the offensive with “Carousel” and make your opponent’s Matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger “Let It Rain” and dump blocks down on top of them. “Buzz Saw” helps you advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
Tetris Ultimate is also in development for the PC and Vita. Hopefully, release dates for the game on those two platforms will be announced soon.
It’s Thursday and that means Nintendo is ready to drop another eShop update on a waiting populace. This week, Nintendo fans can look forward to…
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) – A Sonic game based on the upcoming animated series that focuses on exploration and teamwork.
- Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Wii U, 3DS) – The latest game in TT Games’ Lego series takes Batman and the rest of the DCU (and Conan O’Brien and Kevin Smith, for some reason) into outer space.
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit (Wii U) – The Game Boy Advance classic is now available through the Virtual Console. Seems fitting that Super Circuit is available on the same day as Mario Kart 8‘s Legend of Zelda DLC Pack.
- A World of Keflings (Wii U) – NinjaBee’s kingdom builder finally makes its way to the Wii U.
- Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (3DS) – A side-scrolling Sonic game based on the upcoming animated series.
- Tetris Ultimate (3DS) – The latest rendition of Tetris, this time courtesy of Ubisoft.
- Picross E5 – Nintendo’s latest game in their portable “Picture Crossword” series.
More details about all of these games (as well as a few others releasing this week) can be found after the break. (more…)
You could set your watch by the games within Ubisoft’s booth at this year’s PAX Prime convention. Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, a few downloadables. We know the drill. But if you’re interested in Ubisoft’s Fall lineup, and you’re going to be at PAX Prime, you should definitely check them out.
New videos for Assassin’s Creed: Unity and Assassin’s Creed: Rogue will be on hand. But if you’re looking for something to play, there’s the open-world racing game The Crew, the whimsical strategy of Toy Soldiers: War Chest, and the crazed insanity of Far Cry 4.
And if you’re a Tetris fan, Ubisoft is hold two events on Sunday, August 31 to prepare players for the launch of Tetris Ultimate. “Tetris: The Video Game That Changed the World” will be held at 3:00 PM (Pacific Time) in the Hedgehog Theatre at the Grand Hyatt. Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov will take the stage to talk about the history of Tetris and what’s in store for the first next-generation game in the franchise. And at 5:00 PM, Pajitnov will move over to the Paramount Theatre (911 Pine Street) to meet fans and sign autographs.
More details on all of the games found in Ubisoft’s booth can be found after the break. (more…)
Forget Pong. Forget Pac-Man. Even forget Space Invaders. The greatest gaming obsession was undoubtedly Tetris. The game, which single-handedly invented the “falling block” puzzler, is celebrating its 30th birthday today.
On June 6, 1984, in a country that was then still known as the Soviet Union, Alexey Pajitnov completed development on the first version of Tetris. Pajitnov, who moved to the United States in 1991, said he still plays his creation a few times a week: “I never imagined Tetris was going to be this successful. But the simple, yet addicting nature of Tetris still has me playing it a few times every week. I meet fans from around the world who are also as passionate about Tetris as me, and there is no doubt in my mind Tetris will continue to expand and bring its classic appeal to new players in new ways and on new devices, whatever they may be.”
Together with Henk Roger, the two men founded The Tetris Company in 1996 and continue to license new entries in the series to this day. And with the game’s 30th anniversary upon us (which they’re calling “We All Fit Together”), they’ve got plenty of cool stuff planned for this year:
- Ubisoft’s new Tetris Ultimate lands on PS4 and Xbox One this Summer (and on the PC in the Fall).
- Electronic Arts introduced a new mode to Tetris Blitz (iOS, Android) called Retro Blitz with shapes, styles, and colors that are an homage to the original Game Boy version from 1989.
- Tetris Online is joining in the celebration with 30th Anniversary updates to the Tetris Battle game on Facebook and the all-new Tetris Battle: Fusion game, now available for download on Amazon Fire TV.
- Rasta Imposta is bringing the Tetris lifestyle to adoring fans in the form of great Tetrimino-shaped Halloween costumes, interactive costumes and accessories.
- Robe Factory is extending the Tetris lifestyle into our everyday lives from the moment we step out of bed with plush robes and slippers, and into the bathroom with great Tetris designs on shower curtains, towels and rugs. The Tetris fun will continue on great new leggings, socks, footwear and more.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to buy a birthday cake for my favorite game and blow out the candles with my screams of frustration after I don’t get that long piece I need.
Are you ready to play the ultimate version of Tetris? I hope so, because Ubisoft plans to release Tetris Ultimate as a digital download for the PS4 and Xbox One this Summer. The game will also be available through PC download services in the Fall.
Tetris Ultimate will include six modes (Marathon, Endless, Ultra, Sprint, Battle, and Power-Up Battle) and multiplayer play for up to four people. We’ll get an extended look at the game next week during the E3 Expo and members of the public who make it down to Ubisoft’s Uplay Lounge at The Standard hotel will be able to try it out for themselves.
I have just one question, how has a Tetris game never used “Ultimate” as a subtitle before this?