EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
10 Actors We Think Could Play Victor "Sully" Sullivan in the Uncharted Movie
Pokken Tournament DX, SteamWorld Dig 2, Thimbleweed Park, more added to Nintendo eShop
Sports! NBA 2K17, Madden 17, FIFA 17, NHL 17 are the best-selling games in September 2016
WayForward unwraps first trailer for The Mummy Demastered… Snoop Dogg presents WWE 2K18’s roster in his unique style
Tumblestone arrives on Switch on October 5… Inside coming to the Switch soon
New Retail Releases: FIFA 18, Gundam Versus, Danganronpa V3, More
Project CARS 2, The Lego Ninjago Movie, Raiders of the Broken Planet, more added to Xbox Store
Vampyr delayed to Spring 2018… Final Fantasy XV’s multiplayer expansion will arrive on October 31
All Articles: The Legend of Korra
There’s all kinds of fighting available in this week’s Xbox Games Store update. Today’s releases include kung fu fighting, dance fighting, and zombie dance fighting. OK, there’s no zombie dance fighting in The Walking Dead Season 2, but here’s what you can find on the Xbox Games Store as of today:
- Fantasia: Music Evolved (Xbox One, Xbox 360) – Harmonix is back with a new Kinect-powered musical adventure… and this one is based on Disney’s Fantasia.
- The Legend of Korra (Xbox One, Xbox 360) – Activision and Platinum Games have teamed up to release the first game based on the popular animated series.
- Just Dance 2015 (Xbox One, Xbox 360) – Ubisoft’s popular dancing franchise is back for another encore. Now with even more Ariana Grande.
- The Walking Dead Season 2 (Xbox One) – The second season of Telltale’s post-apocalyptic saga makes the leap to the Xbox One.
- F1 2014 (Xbox 360) – Codemasters is back with another Formula One simulation.
More information about all of these games (and many more) can be found after the break. (more…)
It’s another full week for the PlayStation Store as more than a dozen games are now available to download across the PS3, PS4, and Vita through Sony’s digital storefront:
- The Legend of Korra (PS3, PS4) – Activision and Platinum Games have teamed up to release the first game based on the popular animated series.
- Just Dance 2015 (PS3, PS4) – Ubisoft’s popular dancing franchise is back for another encore. Now with even more Ariana Grande.
- Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3, PS4, Vita) – Koei Tecmo is cranking out a ton of new entries in their Warriors series and another one is now available for the PS3, PS4, and Vita.
- Shadow Warrior (PS4) – A reboot of the wild FPS from the 90s, now available on consoles for the first time.
- The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) – The second season of Telltale’s post-apocalyptic saga makes the leap to the PS4.
- F1 2014 (PS3) – Codemasters is back with another Formula One simulation.
In an interview with IGN, Activision’s Robert Conkey has confirmed that the Platinum-developed game based on Nickelodeon’s The Legend of Korra will be available to download in October.
The Legend of Korra will be available for the PC (via Steam) and the PlayStation Network (for the PS3 and PS4) on October 21. Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners will have to wait an extra day as it will be released through the Xbox Live Marketplace on October 22.
The announcement was part of a series of Korra-related interviews published by IGN yesterday. So if you love the show, you might want to check them out. As a bonus, you’ll find out that David Faustino (the former Bud Bundy and the current voice of Mako) has been slowly morphing into an American-accented Jean Claude Van Damme over the past few years.
In the “OMG YAY!” department, Platinum Games has announced it is developing The Legend of Korra, a game based on – no kidding – the show by the same name. The game will be released on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Fans can currently vote on the cover art on Facebook.
Tim Hedrick is writing the game’s story, which is good news, since he’s involved in the show. Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino, co-creators and executive producers, will be consulting. The game will take place between seasons two and three, and you’ll get to play as Korra herself, using the four elements to not just fight enemies, but also participate in the Pro-Bending arena. You’ll also get to ride on her awesome bear-dog, Naga!
There’s also a 3DS game in the works, though this one is a turn-based strategy game developed by Webfoot Technologies. Season three of the show starts tomorrow, and the game will be out this Fall.