EA confirms Battlefield 6 is coming in 2018; Battlefield 1 is getting Esports Mode and GOTY Edition this Fall
From Software's "Shadows Die Twice" might be a new Tenchu game
WWE 2K18, The End Is Nigh, Floor Kids, more coming to Nintendo eShop this week
The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time: An Introduction and The Top 100
10 Actresses We Think Could Play Elena Fisher in the Uncharted Movie
Here’s a trailer for the season finale of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2… which launches on December 19
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Okami HD, Night in the Woods, more added to Xbox Store
Image & Form will bring SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition to Switch on December 28
Okami HD, Papers Please, Romancing Saga 2, more coming to PS Store this week
Overwatch’s “Winter Wonderland” event begins today
All Articles: The Swapper
Two side-scrollers that have been pinballing from platform-to-platform for years will make their way to the Xbox One via the Xbox Games Store today.
SteamWorld Dig was originally released for the 3DS in August 2013 before appearing on the PC (December 2013), PS4/Vita (March 2014), and Wii U (August 2014). The game is a “Metroidvania” that follows a steampunk robot on his trek into the center of an alien planet in search of jewels and gems. But there’s more than just pretty rocks underneath the dirt…
The Swapper stretches even further back, originally appearing on the PC in May 2013 before jumping to all three PlayStation platforms in August 2014 and the Wii U in November 2014. The puzzle platformer follows a mysterious character who uses an experimental cloning device to explore “the furthest reaches of space.”
More information about both games can be found after the break. (more…)
Sony has dropped eight new games onto the PlayStation Store, so get for another punching, platforming, and shooting good time. This week’s big new releases include…
- Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept (PS4), a standalone shooter based on the “Intercept” co-op mode from Killzone: Shadow Fall.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3), is the fourth (and presumably final) update for Street Fighter IV. It adds five new fighters to the game as well as a variety of balance tweaks.
- The Swapper (PS3/PS4/Vita Cross-Buy), is this week’s “PlayStation Store Play” selection and it tasks players with navigating a sci-fi world by cloning themselves into new locations.
- Metrico (Vita), is another puzzle platformer, but this one is set in a world of charts and graphs.
- Sacred 3 (PS3), the latest entry in the hack and slash franchise, which has shifted over to a new developer in Keen Games.
Sony has announced that their annual indie games promotion, PlayStation Store Play, will begin next week with the release of Rogue Legacy. It will be followed by three more releases throughout the month of August: The Swapper (August 5), Hohokum (August 12), and CounterSpy (August 19). Best of all, every PS Store Play title is Cross-Buy, so all four games will be playable on the PS3, PS4, and Vita.
As in years past, purchasing multiple games will net you a rebate from Sony. If you buy two PS Store Play titles, you’ll receive a code for a $3 credit in September. If you buy three titles, your credit will double to $6. And if you purchase all four games, you’ll receive a $10 credit.
One final announcement… if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you can pre-order any of the PS Store Play titles at a 20% discount. So go play!