Square Enix will bring Final Fantasy, Lost Sphear, Life Is Strange: Before the Storm to Comic-Con 2017
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is a fighter that mashes together characters from BlazBlue, Persona 4, Under Night In-Birth, and RWBY
Injustice 2 heats up Comic-Con 2017 with Starfire's debut trailer
Pyre Hands-On Preview: Supergiant Hits Their Stride With This Upcoming Arena Action RPG
Nintendo Download: Splatoon 2, Boost Beast, Fate Extella The Umbral Star, more
First Ready Player One trailer makes its debut during Comic-Con 2017
Warp Zoned’s Adventure Log: What Happened on July 21 – July 24, 2017
New Retail Releases: Hey! Pikmin, Miitopia, Collar X Malice, More
Spider-Man, Haggar, Frank West, Nemesis join Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite in Comic-Con 2017 trailer
Supergiant’s Pyre is out this Tuesday… so here’s a Launch Trailer
All Articles: WWE 2K15
2K Games and the WWE have announced WWE 2K15 will be available for the PC (through Steam) on April 28.
The PC version of WWE 2K15 is described as a “mirror” of the PS4/Xbox One edition of the game that launched back in November. But it’ll also come packed with all the previously released downloadable content as well. Here, let me turn it over to WWE wrestler (and coverboy) John Cena to tell you all about it.
“One of the great bonuses of getting the game on PC is that you get nearly all of the downloadable content that was released after WWE 2K15 launched in [November] free, as part of the package,” Cena said. “That’s an incredible amount of content… 36 extra characters, four new managers, 26 matches, 46 entire single-player stories and cutscenes in 2K Showcase, and a whole lot more. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that that’s a pretty awesome deal.”
Believe it or not, but Cena apparently played a lot of PC games back in the day: “Texas Instruments, Commodore 64… I was a huge PC gamer growing up, so this is big. Not only for our fans, but for me personally as well.”
WWE 2K15 will be regularly priced at $49.99, but players who pre-purchase it before before the launch date will receive a 10% discount.
After years of revealing screenshots and teasing trailers (including one 35-minute “Extravganza“), Nintendo is finally ready to release Super Smash Bros. For Wii U this week. It’s a big week for Nintendo in general as the publisher will also release Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon: Omega Ruby for the 3DS along with their first wave of Amiibo figures.
What can the rest of the publishing world do to compete? A lot, actually. Rockstar will bring Grand Theft Auto V to the PS4 and Xbox One for the first time while Ubisoft will release the Himalayan-set Far Cry 4 (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) too. Those are both massive open-world games… though only one lets you ride an elephant. Also available this week is BioWare’s latest RPG, Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One); Sony’s latest LittleBigPlanet game, LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS3, PS4); and Deep Silver’s Dead Island spinoff, Escape Dead Island (PC, PS3, Xbox 360).
And if you’re looking to pick up some previously released major releases on new platforms, now’s your chance. WWE 2K15 makes the jump to the PS4 and Xbox One, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor downgrades to the PS3 and Xbox 360, and Watch Dogs finally makes its way to the Wii U.
And you can find even more new releases after the break. (more…)
Microsoft has their hopes pinned on Sunset Ovedrive, this Fall’s biggest Xbox One exclusive. It’s now available to download through the Xbox Games Store along with plenty of other big releases, such as…
- Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One) is Insomniac’s colorful new shooter that pits hipster weirdos against energy drink executives, killer robots, and mutants.
- Lords of the Fallen (Xbox One) is a medieval hack and slash from Bandai Namco and City Interactive.
- Costume Quest 2 (Xbox 360, Xbox One) is a sequel to Double Fine’s Halloween-y RPG.
- NBA Live 15 (Xbox One) is the latest game in EA’s basketball simulation series.
- WWE 2K15 (Xbox 360) is the first WWE wrestling game from 2K after THQ’s demise.
More information on all these games (and a few more) can be found after the break. (more…)
It’s another embarrassment of riches for the PlayStation Store this week as more than a dozen new games are now available to download across the PS3, PS4, and Vita. Let’s take a closer look…
- Lords of the Fallen (PS4) is a medieval hack and slash from Bandai Namco and City Interactive.
- KillAllZombies (PS4) is a twin-stick zombie shooter that can be affected by other players watching through Twitch.
- Costume Quest 2 (PS3, PS4) is a sequel to Double Fine’s Halloween-y RPG.
- NBA Live 15 (PS4) is the latest game in EA’s basketball simulation series.
- WWE 2K15 (PS3) is the first WWE wrestling game from 2K after THQ’s demise.
- The Unfinished Swan (PS4/Vita Cross-Buy) is Sony’s artistic paintbrush game, now available on the PS4 and Vita for the first time.
Sunset Overdrive, Insomniac’s wild hipsters vs mutants shooter, leads this week’s new release report. With no new Halo or Gears of War game in the pipeline, Microsoft is promoting Sunset Overdrive as one of the biggest Xbox One exclusives of the Fall. To that end, they have also teamed up with Insomniac to offer the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One System Bundle which will include the game itself and a snazzy all-white Xbox One.
Also available this week is WWE 2K15 (PS3, Xbox 360), the first game in the series fully produced by 2K Games; Lords of the Fallen (PS4, Xbox One), Bandai Namco’s attempt at entering the medieval hack and slash market; and NBA Live 15 (PS4, Xbox One), EA’s latest entry in their basketball simulation series.
More new releases from the upcoming week can be found after the break. (more…)
2K is planning to release a lot of downloadable content for WWE 2K15, and a good portion of it will be available at a discount as part of a Season Pass. The first pieces of WWE 2K15 DLC will be released by the end of the year, with more scheduled for an early 2015 release. The game itself will be available for the PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 28 and on the PS4 and Xbox One on November 18.
New storylines, new wrestlers, new moves… here’s a complete list of what fans can expect from WWE 2K15’s DLC:
- Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content).
2K Showcase: One More Match ($9.99)
- Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011.
- Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry, and Sheamus.
- Playable Arenas from 2011: SmackDown,, Extreme Rules, Over the Limit, and Capitol Punishment.
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain ($9.99)
- Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry.
- Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and Ryback.
- Playable Arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance (2011), and WrestleMania 29.
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior ($9.99)
- Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and Sgt. Slaughter.
- Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King, and Colonel Mustafa.
- Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley.
- Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice, and General Adnan.
- Playable Arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden.
WCW Pack ($7.99)
- Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, and Lex Luger.
NXT Arrival ($6.99)
- Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose, and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor).
- Playable NXT Diva: Emma.
New Moves Pack ($3.99)
- More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro).
Players interested in purchasing the Season Pass can do so for $24.99. The Season Pass will give them access to the Accelerator, all three 2K Showcase storylines, and an exclusive WWE Diva, Paige.
2K Games struck gold when they decided to hand the last three NBA 2K soundtracks over to curators such as Jay-Z (NBA 2K13), Lebron James (NBA 2K14), and Pharrell Williams (NBA 2K15). Yesterday, the publisher announced they’re going to try again by giving the musical reins of WWE 2K15 to John Cena, one of the most popular “WWE Superstars” working today.
Cena took his duties very seriously and didn’t just pick a handful of songs to appear on the soundtrack. He teamed up with Wiz Khalifa to perform on two of the songs (“All Day” and “Breaks”), which will also be featured on a companion soundtrack album. Set for release as a digital download on October 21, the soundtrack album will include the following tracks:
- Wiz Khalifa & John Cena – “All Day”
- B.o.B (Featuring Future) – “Ready”
- Rudimental (Featuring Emeli Sandé & Nas) – “Free”
- Wiz Khalifa – “We Dem Boyz”
- Flo Rida (Featuring Sia) – “Wild Ones” [WrestleMania 28 Version]
- Knife Party – “Bonfire”
- Big Smo (Featuring Alexander King) – “Workin’”
- Mystery Skulls – “Ghost”
- Royal Blood – “Come On Over”
- Wiz Khalifa & John Cena – “Breaks”
Four additional songs can be heard in the game including Avenged Sevenfold’s “This Means War,” Dizzee Rascal’s “Heart Of A Warrior” (featuring Teddy Sky), Florida Georgia Line’s “This Is How We Roll” (featuring Luke Bryan), and Rise Against’s “Zero Visibility.”
WWE 2K15 will be available for the PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 28 and on the PS4 and Xbox One on November 18.
EGX London, formerly known as the Eurogamer Expo, finally gives UK players a chance to their hand at unreleased games after all the other big Summer shows: E3, PAX Prime, Gamescom, and TGS. It sits at the right time of year too! I always tend to get a bit down on games over the Summer when my consoles sit mostly unused.After playing a dozen of the biggest games scheduled to release over the next nine months, I’m excited to finally charge a DualShock 4 again.On top of that, talking to so many gamers in one place really gives you a nice vertical slice of where the industry sits at the moment. But first… the games! (more…)