The Big List of Nintendo Switch Games: Nintendo Switch Presentation Update
Nintendo Switch Presentation: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition and Master Edition revealed
343 Industries is working on "super secret future stuff" related to Halo
New Releases: Oculus Rift, MLB The Show 16, Resident Evil 6, More
Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV is an anime prequel series to the game and the first episode is available now
Little Nightmares will be released for PC, PS4, Xbox One on April 28
Xbox Store Today: Power Rangers Mega Battle, Siegecraft Commander, RWBY: Grimm Eclipse
Daily Scoop: January 18, 2017 – Blood Bowl 2 on sale at Humble
Gravity Rush 2, Power Rangers: Mega Battle, Flame in the Flood, more added to PS Store
Gabe Newell’s Reddit AMA: Valve is working on multiple single-player games and a new game in Half-Life/Portal universe
GameStop: Comcept or Deep Silver told us Mighty No. 9 will not be released in 2015
Last week, we told you that most retailers had removed Mighty No. 9‘s previously-announced release date of September 15, 2015 from their online storefronts. Today, GameStop revealed to Game Informer that their corporate policy states this type of release date change is only made at the request of the developer or publisher. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that Mighty No. 9 will be released for any of its planned platforms (PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, and Xbox One) by the end of the year. Mighty No. 9 is also in development for the 3DS and Vita, but its tentative “late 2015” release date has probably been erased as well.
Game Informer attempted to contact both Deep Silver and Comcept for comment, but the publication was unsuccessful. Publisher Deep Silver refused to comment, while developer Comcept didn’t reply to the request at all.
While it’s just speculation on my part (and Game Informer’s, for that matter), I believe Comcept is staying quiet about Mighty No. 9’s delay because the crowdfunding campaign for their next game, Red Ash: The Indelible Legend, is currently in its final hours. With just under three days to go, the game has only secured funding for 60% of its $800,000 target, and a delay to their high profile spiritual successor to the Mega Man franchise can only hurt the public’s confidence in the developer.
At this pace, it probably won’t reach its goal, but Comcept recently signed a publishing agreement with Fuze and will complete the game regardless.