A few weeks back, Harmonix and Sony offered PlayStation Plus subscribers the chance to pre-order Rock Band 4 through the PlayStation Store. Everyone who jumped on this offer would receive a special Bonus Pack of ten additional tracks featuring Duran Duran, Janis Joplin, Pantera, and others. Yesterday, Microsoft revealed that a similar deal will be extended to Xbox Live users who pre-order the game through the Xbox Games Store… but their Bonus Pack goes up to 12.
Highlights from the Xbox-exclusive Bonus Pack include songs from Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, and My Morning Jacket. But the biggest coup for Microsoft is the inclusion of Weird Al Yankovic’s “My Own Eyes,” which is a style parody of David Letterman’s favorite band, Foo Fighters (“Wherever they go, they’re fighting foo”).
Here’s the complete list of songs available in the Bonus Pack:
- All That Remains – “What If I Was Nothing”
- Babymetal – “Gimme Chocolate!!”
- Earth, Wind & Fire – “September”
- Interpol – “All The Rage Back Home”
- Jefferson Starship – “Jane”
- Linkin Park (featuring Daron Malakian) – “Rebellion”
- Marilyn Manson – “The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles”
- Mastodon – “High Road”
- My Morning Jacket – “One Big Holiday”
- Pierce The Veil (featuring Kellin Quinn) – “King For A Day”
- Weird Al Yankovic – “My Own Eyes”
- The Wild Feathers – “Backwoods Company”
However, it’s important for Xbox One owners to remember that Rock Band 4 requires a special Legacy Game Controller Adapter to make instruments originally released for the Xbox 360 compatible with Microsoft’s newest console. Harmonix understands the hassle this is for gamers and they’ve partnered with Amazon to offer a $15 discount on the dongle with the “RB4ADAPTER” coupon code. Standalone Xbox One instrument will be available in early 2016.
Rock Band 4 will be available for the Xbox One (and the PS4) on October 6.