No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Get Warp Zoned!
It’s been a week of firsts for Warp Zoned. Our readers got a chance to duck down the green pipe into the minds of our staff eight days ago. And in this inaugural edition of the Weekly Warp-Up we highlight another first, the premiere episode of our podcast, the creatively named Warp Zoned Podcast, which was uploaded yesterday.
We also took a look at brain training games this week. Where they’ve been, if they really make you smarter, and where they’re going in the future in X-Raying the Brain Training Trend.
- Ilomilo: A Puzzler Fit For a Fairy Tale
- Donkey Kong Country Returns: Swingin’ Into Greatness
- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX: Power Pellets Are An Addicting Drug
It’s a Secret to Everybody
- Rumor has it that Infinity Ward is working on a prequel to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Raven Software is likely working on a CoD game of their own.
- Nintendo might reprint the sold-out Super Mario All-Stars.
Get New Games!
- This Week’s Releases: Lost In Shadow
- Next Week’s Releases: DC Universe Online, Ghost Trick, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, a lot more
Just Plain Awesome
- NetherRealm asks its developers, “What would you do on a night out with Mileena” in a new Mortal Kombat trailer.
- Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford announced that a Duke Nukem Forever announcement is coming at the end of the month.
- Nintendo unveils the 3DS launch lineup for Japan.
- Microsoft announced the lineup for the Xbox Live Arcade’s 2011 House Party promotion: Beyond Good & Evil HD, Hard Corps, Torchlight, a new poker game and Bejeweled Blitz! Better stock up on Microsoft Points now.
- Malcolm McDowell has joined the cast of Killzone 3 and Sony has put out a cool, new trailer.
- Capcom revealed all on their Spring lineup.
- Michael Jackson: The Experience moonwalks onto PS3, Xbox 360 on April 12
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters brings the long-running golf franchise to Augusta National for the first time on March 29.
- 2011 is Sonic the Hedgehog‘s 20th birthday and Sega plans to celebrate.
- THQ signed a deal with Mattel to make toys based on He-Man, Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots, Hot Wheels and more.
- PixelJunk Radio podcast from Q-Games
- Xbox Live Arcade: Ilomilo
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam: Operation Hastings map
- Rock Band 3: Johnny Cash and the Rock Band Free Pack