No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Get Warp Zoned!
August continues to plod along with little excitement coming out of the game industry and even fewer new games. But this week we took a hands-on look at the upcoming Driver: San Francisco as well as posted Episode 17 of the Warp Zoned Podcast. The staff discussed a very important topic: Borderlands! What they love, what they hate, and most importantly, how to catch a riiiiiiiiiiiiiiide. We also talked a bit about the new 3DS Ambassador program Nintendo unveiled and we rounded it out with whether or not games are too expensive, what’s too much to pay for a game, and why some developers can be real hypocrites about it.
Hit the jump for the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: None
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Far Cry 2 and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Fruit Ninja Kinect
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Avenging Spirit, Super Adventure Island II and more
- Next Week’s Releases: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, No More Heroes Heroes’ Paradise, Age of Empires Online and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Valve is bringing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to the PC, PSN and Xbox 360 next year.
- Game Informer has dumped the first details of Borderlands 2 in our laps.
- Activision has deployed a new trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3‘s Spec Ops Mode.
- David Jaffe explains the Twisted Metal delay. And for good measure mentions that $60 is a “s*** ton” to pay for a game.
- NCAA Football 12 leads the July NPD report.
- The NBA 2K12 soundtrack is full of big names.
- NetherRealm explains how Freddy Krueger fits into Mortal Kombat with this story trailer.
- The latest Saints Row: The Third trailer, “Freefalling,” is pretty awesome.
- GameFly is adding PC/Mac games this holiday season.
- Nintendo is bringing out the first new color for the 3DS: Flame Red.
- Google+ adds games to their social networking service.
It’s a Secret to Everybody…
- An announcement concerning Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II is coming “very soon.”
- While nothing has been announced yet, Nintendo of America is watching Xenoblade‘s reception in Europe very closely.
There was all sorts of movie adaptation news this week: Mortal Kombat: Legacy will be coming to Blu-ray this November; Ridley Scott is working on a Call of Duty-themed short for Call of Duty Elite; and Saved by the Bell has been turned into an interactive YouTube game.