No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Snow has finally blanketed the northeast! While I have to admit, I preferred the snowless Winter we were having, it is a bit comforting to look out my window and see a whole mess of the white stuff. And watching my dog turn into a giant, flying snowball when she runs around the yard is more fun than any video game.
Oh right, video games. The industry is in a sort of holding pattern this week as the Vita’s “First Edition” release date approaches. Gaming on the go might be a bit of a problem this week with all the snow, but I’m sure we’ll manage.
However, that’s not to say nothing happened this week. Hit the jump to read all about this week’s big stories thanks to the latest Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Iron Brigade: Rise of the Martian Bear: Mustaches and Mechs and Bears, Oh My!
- The Simpsons Arcade Game: D’oh That To Me One More Time
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: The Simpsons Arcade Game, Jak and Daxter Collection, Gotham City Impostors, Shank 2, and more
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Gotham City Impostors, Shank 2
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: BurgerTime: World Tour and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Vita First Edition Bundle, Twisted Metal, UFC Undisputed 3, and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Sony confirms LittleBigPlanet Karting. Nobody’s surprised, right?
- Activision puts toys and games in a blender again as Skylanders Giants has been announced for this Fall.
- Mass Effect 3 fans rejoice! The “FemShep” trailer is here.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 tops the NPD chart for January 2012. Yes, again.
- Naughty Dog has confirmed that The Last of Us will include zombies. They’re calling them “infected,” but they’re zombies.
- The Skyrim Creation Kit is now available. Get modding!
- EA plans to unveil Medal of Honor 2 at this year’s Game Developers Conference.
- Square Enix has renamed the recently acquired True Crime: Hong Kong to Sleeping Dogs.
- Eat Sleep Play is downsizing and David Jaffe is leaving the company. Which means no sequels or DLC for Twisted Metal.
- Kinect Star Wars (and the R2-D2 Xbox 360 Bundle) will be available on April 3.
- Overwatch, the next CoD Elite map for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, will be available on February 21.
- Microsoft Flight takes off on February 29.
It’s a Secret to Everybody…
- The creator of Minecraft has publicly announced he wants to fund Psychonauts 2. Your move, Tim Schafer.
Here’s a bunch of amusing stuff to keep you busy as the snow keeps you indoors:
- BioWare plans to re-edit the Mass Effect: Deception novel after fan complaints.
- Here’s a video of a violinist playing along with Super Mario Bros. in real time.
- Complex picked “The 25 Best Video Game Coffee Table Books”
- Someone made a Zapper out of Legos that transforms into Megatron. This man wins the Internet.
- The Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl Simulation was right! As predicted, the Giants beat the Patriots and Eli Manning was named the MVP.