Xbox One Trailer: Quantum Break
Xbox One will launch worldwide later this year; CoD Ghosts DLC will launch on Xbox One first
Nintendo Download: Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 2, Starship Damrey, more
The Wii U: It’s All Just A Little Bit of History Repeating
Batman: Arkham Origins: First trailer, Joker confirmed, Deathstroke playable
Nintendo Download: Trio of Kirby games, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, more
“Historic IP” from Rare will get a new Xbox One game at E3 2013
Infinity Ward confirms Call of Duty: Ghosts is coming to PS4
Kickstart This! How To Get More Coin For Your Game Project
We try to figure out the Xbox One’s used game policy
Take Two hints at early 2013 release for Grand Theft Auto V… maybe
Take Two Interactive held their quarterly financial call today, but first they laid out their release calendar for the rest of 2012 and into 2013.
The calendar includes plenty of dates we already know… Spec Ops: The Line in June, Borderlands 2 in September 18, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown in October. We also got confirmation that NBA 2K13 will be shipping to stores this October, but that’s not exactly a surprise.
It also wasn’t a surprise that Grand Theft Auto V was included on the list with a “TBA” release date. What was surprising was that the game’s spot on the list was nestled between the February 26, 2013 release of BioShock Infinite and the “2014 Fiscal Year” (4/1/2013-3/31/2014) release of XCOM.
So it’s a stretch, but there’s a real possibility the listing was a subtle hint to an early 2013 release for the fifth GTA. This actually lines up nicely with Take Two CEO Strauss Zelnick’s earlier statement that the publisher will have a very profitable fiscal year.
You can see Take Two’s complete 2012-2013 release calendar after the break.
- Max Payne 3 (PC) – June 1, 2012
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods and Kings – June 19, 2012
- Spec Ops: The Line – June 26, 2012
- Max Payne Mobile – June 2012
- Max Payne 3: Local Justice Map Pack (DLC) – June 2012
- Max Payne 3: Disorganized Crime Map Pack (DLC) – Summer 2012
- Max Payne 3: Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack (DLC) – Summer 2012
- Max Payne 3: Hostage Negotiation Map Pack (DLC) – Summer 2012
- Max Payne 3: New York Minute Co-Op Pack (DLC) – Summer 2012
- Borderlands 2 – September 18, 2012
- NBA 2K13 – October 2, 2012
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown – October 9, 2012
- Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Map Pack (DLC) – Fall 2012
- Max Payne 3: Trickle Down Economics Map Pack (DLC) – Fall 2012
- BioShock Infinite – February 26, 2013
- Grand Theft Auto V – TBA
- XCOM – Fiscal Year 2014
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
Take-Two CEO hints at Grand Theft Auto V in 2012
Jacked: The Grand Theft Auto Story to release in April 2012, GTA5 to follow?
Rockstar announces Spring 2013 release for Grand Theft Auto V